Monday, December 14, 2015

Hawaii - Day 3 - Dole Plantation

On Tuesday, we drove to the Dole Plantation.  It was another warm day on the island.  We paid to ride the Pineapple Express (definitely a pricey tourist trap, but hey, we were there and you might as well).    We paused to take a picture and I can't remember why Hannah was mad, but she was off to the side crying.


 There she is!  Mad that Jon was taking her picture.



After the ride, I took Sam to the van to nurse him and everyone else enjoyed some Dole Whip.  When I got back and got my Dole Whip, Jon took most of the kids through the world's largest corn maze.   They had lots of "cheats" in it, so if you didn't want to have it take hours,  you could follow the cheats.

This rooster was happily walking around


 Gotta love selfies that Hannah takes

After Dole, we drove to a nearby town and ate at L&L's Drive In.  It's a local chain.  My mom and I remembered eating there when we were in Hawaii back in 2000.  It was actually quite greasy, but okay.   Then Jon took the 4 oldest kids and went to a beach to snorkel and cliff jump.

I took both mom's and the 3 youngest back to our condo to swim in the pool and rest.  Hannah and Hailey absolutely loved the pool!  My mom and I were happy to swim with them and Diane was so kind to stay with sleeping Sam.



After swimming (and while waiting for Jon and the kids - who got stuck for 2 hours on the freeway because of a fatal moped accident), we all walked down to Aulani (the Disney resort).





There was a wedding going on and it was fun to watch for a few minutes.



What a good baby Sam was!  

When Jon and the other kids got back, we made dinner at the condo and spend the evening at the beach, pool and relaxing!

No comments: