Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Brooklyn

My cute little sister had her first baby this week! It was been a wonderful, wonderful week! (Sshhh....but my mom was able to fly home from Russia for several days to be here to help Becky and it's been wonderful to see her again. I'll post more about her visit).

Becky was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, January 18th and sure enough, they told her to come in at 7:30 in the morning. They started her on pitocin and she started into labor. My mom and I got to the hospital about 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon. She was dilated to a 1 and we stayed until about 6:45. By then, the doctor had broken her water and she was waiting for her erpidural. We came home, ate and put my kids to bed. Jon headed to work and my sweet brother, Mike, slept at my house so that I could go back to the hospital for the birth.

We got back about 9:30 and we visited and waited. The doctor & nurse had her start to push around 12:30 (with a few breaks) and then pushed through every contraction starting at 1:00. Becky was so amazing and just kept doing what they told her to do, even after getting nauseated and needing to throw up quite a bit. It was incredible to be there and see what a miracle births are! Brooklyn Jane was born at 2:33 a.m. and weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. She was 19 1/2 inches long and is absolutely gorgeous!!

Congratulations to Becky & John on this beautiful baby girl! And thank you SOOOO much for letting me be there!














8 comments:

Annie said...

OOOOHHHH!:) :) Oh my gosh. Thanks for posting pictures!

john + becky said...

Love the post Jace!! I am soooo glad I had you, Mom, and John there with me. You 3 are quite the support group :)

Thank you for ALL that you have done for us this week. (And for teaching me all the things I need to know to attemp to be a mom :)) You are just the best and I look up to you in every way.

p.s. I LOVE the way Hannah says her name..."Baby Brook-win"

Ryan Cowley said...

Awww...so sweet! That is what we almost named Sarah!

Jennifer said...

that's so exciting your mom got to be there. My mom didn't get to come home for any of the births we've had. I'm sure you enjoyed her company. Congrats to Becky. The baby is beautiful (aren't they all?)

Kirsten said...

Great job Becky!! How fun that you two will have daughters so close in age! She is beautiful...I can't believe all my "sisters" are having all their babies now! So cute!

Kelsi said...

Love seeing the pictures. You are a great sister Jeannette! Becky is awesome and I am so happy that everything went well. Baby Brooklyn is too dang cute.

megadog said...

I'm so glad you got to be there. I will never forget being there for Jill's babies. Such a darn miracle. It makes you appreciate the gift of life SO much.

Em said...

What a process! So nice for you guys to be there. Nothing like welcoming those sweet little babies into the world. She is a doll!