Thursday, May 23, 2013

Latest quilt projects

Yeah for more reasons to make quilts!!

This little baby quilt is for McKinley Rasmussen, Kirsten's new baby.
My quilter, Jen, gave me this pattern and I loved it!   So simple and sweet.  
But, like on most quilts, I messed up and cut the fabric wrong. 
You'll notice that there is gray fabric as sashing in between the blocks.   That was supposed to be the inner border fabric as well, but I came up about 2 inches short.
I looked a 2 or 3 quilt stores to find it again, but couldn't.  
So, I compromised and used some left-over yellow minkee that I had.
McKinley is absolutely darling and is such a wonderful addition to the Rasmussen family!


I loaded this picture 3 times and I have no idea why it's rotated wrong.  It's not that way on my computer, so I'm sorry you have to kink your head to the side to see it.
 
Anyway, this really, really cute quilt is for Max, my newest nephew!  I fell in love with this quilt and fabric when I first saw it.  It was a quick, easy quilt to make and my quilter did a fantastic job, as usual.

 You can see on the black row that Jen quilted in little sailboats.
 
 Max is just a doll!  He's a perfect combination of his dad (my brother Rich) and his sister Sophia.  
 
 And this table topper was fun....I made this for my friend, Alisha.  Alisha and I walk every morning at 6:15 and it was fun to make her something for her birthday. 
 
 If you look close, there are bells on the toes of the elves shoes. 
 

3 comments:

megadog said...

You are killin' me Jeanette. These are so adorably cute. The talent is truly endless.

Kirsten said...

All of them are so stinkin cute!! I am so grateful to have been the recepient of so many of your talented, wonderful designs. I don't know how you have time for it all but you are so sweet to everyone! Thank you, thank you for McKinley's quilt!

Em said...

I agree with Jenny - every word. These are just amazing.