Friday, September 6, 2013

Mermaid Weekend - Part 2 - Hannah's Birthday Party

Part 2 of our "Mermaid Weekend" was on Saturday, July 27th.   Hannah was turning 5, so it was her year for a friend party.   We decided on a Mermaid Party (mostly because ideas I found on Pinterest were so easy).    We decided to have it only be a girl party, which was tricky because there are more boys Hannah's age then girls.  

Kelsi designed these darling invitations for me!
 
 
The party favors were super easy too!  I bought towels and used rubber bands on one end to create a fin look and then sewed velco to the other side for little mermaid tails.   The little star-fish wand I made just using things I found at Michael's. 
 
 
 


And, Whitney White, made these incredible cookies!   These were the most delicious cookies ever - seriously!  I ate about 4 of them just getting them ready for party favors and my kids kept asking where they all went!  So, so good!
 


We had the girls come and paint a little treasure chest.  They all loved it and took the time to make them really cute.

 Hannah and her new friend, Lily.  She met Lily at swimming lessons the week of the party. 
 
 Hannah's twin, Heidi.
 
 Brooklynn & Kate
 
After painting, we played a few games.  They tossed the jewels into the treasure chest.
 

 Lindsey drew these fish for me - for a bean bag toss.
 
 We blew up some balloons and the girls played on the trampoline with them.   They could have stayed on the tramp the entire time!
 

 Then we dressed up as mermaids for cake & icecream!
 
 Lindsey made these cupcakes for me.
 

And this was one happy little girl!

2 comments:

john + becky said...

All of these things should be pinned to Pinterest. It turned out SO CUTE! I especially love the towels that look like mermaid fins. I can't believe Hannie is 5. I love that girl!

megadog said...

That is a very adorable party in every way! Wish Lili hadn't been in Panguitch, she would have loved it tool