Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Greensview Elementary

We have loved, loved, loved the elementary school that Emily and Lindsey have attended. The teachers, staff, parents and children of Greensview Elementary have been absolutely amazing! The girls have been blessed with great teachers and great friends. Last week was their last day of school. Unfortunately, Lindsey spent the last day of school at home - sick with a fever. So, the next morning, the girls and I (along with Grandma Bowen) headed over to the school to say goodbye.


Lindsey's 1st grade teacher was Mrs. Sally MacGregor-Martin (but she lets the kids call her Mrs. M&M). Emily had her as a first grade teacher as well, so we were thrilled to have Mrs. M&M for a second time. Lindsey absolutely LOVED being in 1st grade. She was frequently helping other kids in the class and was even able to go and help her Mrs. Holland, her Kindergarten teacher, during recess some times. This makes Lindsey feel so special and appreciated. Great job, Lindsey!! We love you Mrs. M&M!
Emily's 3rd grade teacher was Nancy Miller. Emily had Mrs. Miller for her Kindergarten teacher as well, so she was excited to have her again. Emily also had a GREAT year! She loved learning cursive and multiplication. She had great friends, loved being on Student Council, and did great on all of the National testing that 3rd graders have to do. Great job Em!!! We love you Mrs. Miller!

Emily with Principal Wulf. He's holding the artwork that Emily did that will permanently be hanging in the halls of Greensview.



A couple weeks ago, we presented these two teachers with a quilt as a thank you for a great year. I saw this apple quilt in Utah at Christmas time and after I got home, I called my mom and sister and made them go back to the store (twice!) to get the fabric for each teacher's quilt. Becky, being the amazing sister that she is, offered to make one of the quilts. Then, I made the other one. I stitched each of the children's names and information about that year, in the border of the quilt. I wasn't quite finished when I needed to ship them to Utah to be quilted, so my mom, being the amazing mom that she is, finished the stitching and then sewed all the binding on the quilts after they had been quilted. (Mom & Becky - thank you, thank you, thank you!) The other parents in the classes contributed money for the quilting and we gave the quilts to each teacher during openhouses they had in their classrooms. Both teachers loved them and I'm so grateful they have something to remember us by.

6 comments:

lisa h. said...

i'm pretty sure you get 1st place for BEST teacher gifts. if it didn't take me 2 yrs to make 1 quilt I might try to do it too!

Debbie said...

those are amazing quilts...so special...

Carrie said...

i love those quilts. i wonder what lane would do if i took up another hobby...

we miss greensview. Dylan had Mrs. Miller for kindergarten too and we loved her. Wasn't the principal a teacher there a couple of years ago? Hmmmmm.

Noakes said...

Beautiful quilt!!! It is hard to say good bye and I'm sure Greensview will miss a great parent helper like you. Good luck with everything in the next few months. Did you ever find that place to get boxes?

Unknown said...

I'm Nancy and I loved this school until I moved to California at age 11. Go Lions! I <3 Greensview!

Unknown said...

My kindergarten teacher was Ms. Holland, first was Mrs. M&M, Second was Ms. Morrow. I hated Ms. Morrow so much. She was really mean. Third grade teacher was Ms. Bekaman. She was the best. fourth grade was Ms. Kish and Ms, another Ms. Miller. i Had Ms. Pavalsek untill September in 5th grade. Thats when I moved tho California. I go to La Patera now. 6th grade.