Thursday, August 6, 2009

4th of July

I've always loved the 4th of July! I love how it's so easy to see the pride that everyone has for our great country! I grew to love the 4th of July even more while living in Ohio. It was a huge holiday for our family and friends and a time to be together. I was homesick for the UA Parade, a BBQ at the Rasmussen's and watching the UA fireworks afterwards, but it was also such a treat to be with family. (I don't know if I've ever wanted to be in two places at once more than I have this last month).

But, we had a great day (probably unpacking), and then we went to my parent's house for a BBQ and our own fireworks. Hannah thought the fireworks were scary and horrible. Jack was really cautious of them because of just finishing up Safety Town. Kate flitted and floated around in her own little world. And Emily and Lindsey absolutely loved that they were old enough to light most of them.

Thank you again mom and dad for a great evening!










3 comments:

Kirsten said...

You aren't the only one who wanted you in two places at one time! We sure missed you this year but I am glad you can spend holidays with family now. It looks like you had a fun day!

It's been fun seeing all the pictures of your trip and the rest of your move...you have been awesome at blogging! I can't wait to take the kids to Missouri someday and see all those neat places. Good for you guys for seeing so much during your move out West...it was probably exhausting but what wonderful memories all those places will be.

I hope you have a fun time on your trip and enjoy family time! ;-) Luv you guys!

Debbie said...

it was great to see you that morning...glad you guys had a great day...we miss those ua parades...next year is sean's 20th so we will be there :)

Andrea said...

I laughed when I read that Jack was cautious because he just finished Saftey Town. Too cute! Now, if I can only get Jonas to be cautious about throwing things in the toilet. I don't think they teach that, do they?