Thursday, August 28, 2014

Trip to Arizona

 My sister Becky had her 3rd baby, Remmy Mae, on May 31st.  I had wanted to be there for her birth so bad, but with Remmy being born a couple of weeks early and it was right during a week of waiting to confirm another miscarriage for us.   So, I wasn't able to go right after she was born.

We knew that the first weekend of August was the Baxter family reunion (Jon's side of the family) in Oregon and we planned on going.      But, with 2 miscarriages and other family issues that have happened, I just needed to do something for myself.   Jon was so kind and so sweet to let me go to Arizona that weekend with my parents to visit Becky and be there for Remmy's blessing.  That meant that Jon would take the 5 oldest kids (I took Hailey with me) and make the drive to Oregon.   They had a wonderful time and Jon was such an amazing dad to do that.

I looked forward to this weekend in Arizona so much!    I was even able to hand deliver Remmy's quilt to her:




We arrived on Thursday early evening and it was so fun to see Becky's cute house and her cute family.  Brooklyn and Jake got along so well with Hailey and Hailey LOVED playing with their toys.   Remmy was an absolute doll and it was fun to hold her and kiss her cute cheeks.   

It's so dreamy to go on walks early in the morning with Becky, run on errands with my mom and Becky and stop at gas stations to run in and grab a Diet Coke.   We were able to go to a music class, swimming, the mall to play, McDonald's play area and to dinner at Red Robin.








 Worn out from all their fun!
 









John's parents, Marc & Betty, were also able to come into town.   One night, all the grownups were visiting and these 2 put on dress-up dresses and danced.


Thankfully, a superhero arrived to keep an eye on the girls!
 
 Brooklyn was cracking us up - she really got into her dancing :)
 

On Sunday,  we all got ready and went to Church.  Remmy's blessing was wonderful!  She looked so beautiful in the blessing dress (it's the same one that Brooklyn & Hailey were also blessed in).   Becky and John have a wonderful ward and so many amazing friends.






They hosted a get-together at their house after and it was fun to meet more of Becky's friends and also have Camille Curto (my cousin) and her little boy, Vinnie come over.  I had never met Vinnie in person before and it was fun to visit with them.   Vinnie is such a cute little boy.

I hated to see the weekend go by so fast!  We left Sunday afternoon and had a great flight home.  Hailey was the best little traveler.  She was so good and sweet and it was a piece of cake to have just one child.   I was so happy to see Jon and the other kids and was so grateful for the chance to go!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yet another super darling quilt, Jeannette! That is so special that you were able to go to Remmy's blessing. So sad and sorry to hear that you had another miscarriage. I hope you're doing okay and know that so many people love and support you and your family... including the Layton Larsons!

Kelsi said...

That quilt is adorable Jeannette! You are so talented. That is so nice you were able to go spend time with Becky and meet Remmy.

john + becky said...

I have gotten so many comments on the quilt you made Remmy. I LOVE it. Thank you so so much!!

Thank you for coming for Remmy's blessing. It was so much fun and went by waaaay too quick. I loved seeing my kids with Hailey. They adore all your kids.

Camille said...

It was really fun to see you at Becky's. The quilt you made Becky is so amazing, just as amazing as Vinnie's.