Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kate's favorite Valentine



Jon and I asked Kate this morning who her favorite Valentine was. She gave us a funny look, like 'I have no idea what you mean,' so I asked her "Who is your favorite boy?" Her response was "Pappa Sorenson". Kate has this wonderful love for her grandpa. She is always wanting to talk with him on the phone. She walks around with a pretend phone all the time and I hear pretending to talk to him. He'll call her from work and it makes her so happy. The other day when we returned a call to him, the answering machine came on and she started to cry because it wasn't really him.


When we were on our trip to Florida, I think he carried her around most of the day and he was the one that she preferred to be with. We were also in Utah for her 2nd birthday in January and she was thrilled to spend time with him. One day, the older kids were skiing with my brothers and I was shopping with my mom, so Kate had grandpa all to herself for the morning. They played and played and then she told him that it was nap time. So, he took her into his bedroom and they laid down on the bed. After about a minute, Kate got off the bed, walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Apparently, she thought it was grandpa that needed a nap. We sure love you Grandpa!


4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Look at how sweet they are. I love the one of your dad looking at her on the couch. You can tell they have a sweet relationship and I love the nap story. You guys are so good about making sure your kids know their grandparents.

Camille said...

Hey Jeanette! This is your cousin Camille. Now that is just so cute. I love your Dad! He is a real gem of a gem. Which is why we want him to marry us!

Em said...

That is adorable!

*Chrissy said...

That is so wonderful that little Kate has such love for her grandpa. I bet it makes your dad very happy. Your kids are so cute.