Monday, February 18, 2008

"Please bless that Mommy will change her mind about the hamster!"


We just survived a 4-day weekend (Friday and Monday were off for the kids. And incidentally, my fingers are crossed that tomorrow won't be another snow day - it's snowing outside). We had planned on going to the dollar movie this afternoon to see "Veggie Tales" but the movie was sold-out. So we went next door to the pet store. Lindsey held a hamster for the whole time we were there and of course, asked if we could buy it. I had told the kids as we walked into the store that we weren't buying any pets. She begged a little bit, etc., but our day went on.


Then we had a Family Home Evening lesson tonight on prayer. The kids listened and it went great. We had treats and then took the kids upstairs to take a bath. I could hear Lindsey talking to Jon about getting the hamster and he said "You're going to have to talk with your mom about that." So, Lindsey brought it up again, promising to help clean the ENTIRE house, if I would let her get the hamster. She promised that she'd do everything for it, even though I tried to explain that I have enough people to clean up after and that I don't know where we'd put it. I told her I would keep thinking about it.


Then, during prayers, she says "and please bless that mommy will change her mind about the hamster." Hmmm....when she finished, I said "Keep praying, Lindsey." I have a feeling that this will be a frequent request in her upcoming prayers. She's such a funny kid!

6 comments:

Em said...

Keep praying Lindsey was my favorite comment. I love it.

lisa h. said...

hehe! well let me tell you...we had hampsters growing up and they are much easier than the puppy we just got!! though it is a pain to clean it's cage each week...and they go potty on you when you hold them and they might escape their cage and chew a hole in the bottom of your sofa and you have to cut the bottom open to get it out of teh sofa....

Kirsten said...

Uh oh...once the requests start they don't stop!! :) Hopefully the dog request waits at least another year and a half! I guess at least it isn't for something unattainable, like what my sister used to ask for-an elephant. WHAT?!? We'll have to go back to the pet store again when it is not so crowded! And the movies to for that matter!

Britain said...

That is hilarious! I love what the kids say in their prayers.

Camille said...

That is so funny! We had hampsters too growing up. John named it Harry and one day he came in to find it had died. He cried and cried in his pillow and he was about 15 at the time. HAHAHA!!!

AnnDee said...

Just say no to pets!! :) I guess the hamster seems a little less harmful -- I've heard iguanas are easy pets. I'm always voting for gold fish!