Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Working in the snow


When Lindsey is motivated, she's a pretty good worker and she was determined to shovel the snow this afternoon. Jon had shoveled before leaving for work, but it needed it again, so Lindsey bundled up and went to work. She worked on a path out our back door and then randomly shoveled some of the snow from the driveway. When she came back in, she asked how long she had been working. I told her about 15 minutes. She smiled and said "is that worth about $2?" Her thinking all along was, "I better earn some money to buy a hamster (yeah right!), so I'll start with some shoveling."


On the hamster side, we did go to the library this afternoon and checked out some books about hamsters so that the kids know all about them and what they are like. My fingers are crossed that they will realize that hamsters some times bite, they stink, they poop and that it costs money to feed and care for them. We'll see....the girls are still praying for mom to have a change of heart.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Ok so I changed my mind. I think a hampster is actually I better idea than I thought. Ammon and Ethan read a book on tarantulas about a week ago and since then everything is about those creepy spiders. Ethan even pretends to be one sometimes and he and Ethan are serious about getting one (I'm sensing a blog entry coming on!!!). A hampster sounds great right now compared to a spider!! Sorry to side with Lindsey on this one! ;-D It might keep Jack from asking for a spider later on! How'd the hampster research go BTW?

Britain said...

Looking at that snow is making me cold. You need to come visit us in Vegas. I have a t-shirt on today.

Lonica said...

She is so cute shoveling the snow. I remember (trying) to complete chores to earn money. Good luck!

sixmoores said...

Thrilled to read about your kids and so glad you are blogging! Yeah! It's about the only way I can keep in touch. I think we have some kids with similar traits. I hope we both survive!

Becky Sorenson said...

Don'T give in to the hampster!! That just means that it will live in the basement with me when I move out there and I will have to smell it all night!! Wait till you buy a big house and the hampster can have it's own room!!