Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Update

We're several days into "modified" bed rest and so far, so good! Actually, so far, so great! I'm 30 1/2 weeks along and had another doctor's appointent today. She's seeing me weekly all ready to keep an eye on things.

For those who don't know...I had Jack 8 weeks early because of pre-eclampsia. I had protein in my urine and the environment turned really bad and Jack wasn't thriving any more. With Kate's pregnancy, I had traces of protein in my urine the entire pregnancy. At 30 weeks, my doctor put me on bedrest. I could be up to shower, eat and then 1 hour a day. I also went in weekly for nonstress tests. Kate was delivered at 37 1/2 weeks and everything went great.

At the beginning of this pregnancy, we assumed that the protein could happen again, so the doctor planned on bedrest again at 30 weeks. So far, there is no sign of any protein. So, at 30 weeks, she started me on modified bedrest. It's definitely not as restrictive as before, so it's been wonderful. Becky (my sister) is living with us and is absolutely incredible! I am so spoiled! She takes the kids to do fun things, makes dinner and is so much fun to hang out with. I'll still see the doctor weekly, so as of today, the modified bedrest will still be enough.

Now, we just need to come up with a name for this little girl! We may have to draw a name out of a hat (but hey, it worked great for Kirsten & Ammon!).

8 comments:

Ann said...

You are such a trooper! What would we do without our sisters? I know I'd be a mess without mine! :) I hope everything continues to go well.

As far as names...I really like Ann or maybe Syd or Sam? :)

Candy said...

How about Candy......-perfect. I will have to give you fair warning, she will cry everynight while she is in the 2nd Grade.....and to my benefit, she will be stronger from it.. atleast that is what I tell myself daily.

How is Beck?
Mike is so busy preparing for the draft. He reads your blog weekly and we just laugh at the stories of the neices and nephew. We love you guys. All our love...

Candy (that horrible name! what was my crazy mom thinking!)

Em said...

Glad things are going so well. That is great news on no protein. Keep that up. 30 weeks already. Amazing. Any fun projects?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! :)

Jessika said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well! And oh that kate! She is so stinkin' cute, even if she is a bit of a trouble maker. My sister has a little one just like her!

Lonica said...

I'm glad everything is going well with your pregnacy. I hope it continues to do so! Kate really is a cutie--you don't want the trashman to pick her up!

Kirsten said...

I am very glad that everything is looking very good, but I am still sorry about the Hawaii trip. I know that would have been fun but you guys are handling it like such troopers and I hope you get to go to an island paradise very, very soon!! Good luck coming up with names...coin flipping works too! Whatever you choose she is going to be adorable just like the other four! We are so excited to meet her!

Debbie said...

I am glad everything is going well with the pregnancy. When I was on "modified" bedrest with the twins, no one ever defined it. Well after a week of cleaning and taking care of 2 little ones, my doc put me on STRICT bedrest, right into the HOSPITAL!!!! So be good!