Sunday, June 29, 2008

Release as Relief Society President


Well, today was a day of mixed emotion. I was released as Relief Society President of the Riverside Ward. I had been it for just over a year and with expecting baby #5, being on bedrest and Jon's busy 3rd year schedule, the Bishop decided it was time. I feel a great sense of relief from the responsibility that is no longer mine, but I also feel a sense of loss and sadness.
It has been such a great experience - one where I have received far more blessings and service on my behalf than I gave to others! The sisters in this ward are incredible and faithfully serve in their callings and as visiting teachers, so it made my responsibilities easy. I loved the friendships I made, the funny stories and experiences, the spirit that comes from working with amazing Priesthood brethren, and the memories I will always have!
Not to be too sappy, but a super big thank you to all of the great women in the ward! To my great Presidency and others serving in Relief Society! To my dear friends who would watch the kids for me while I was in meetings (Kirsten - for those 8:30 Sunday mornings to have 4 kids dumped at your house for 2 1/2 hours!), Beth for all times you came to my house to be here with the kids as well! To my great kids - who were dragged to visits, meetings, oftentimes left to care for themselves while Jon was sleeping - while never complaining! And to Jon! For being willing to be a full-time dad on those precious days off so that I could do the things I needed to do. You are all my inspiration and my great blessings!

9 comments:

Corinne said...

You were the best! I know the women in your ward were blessed to have your example,love, kindness, understanding, guidance, leadership, patience,and the list goes on and on. You served faithfully and well and not only blessed the lives of others but received even more in return. I'm so proud of you!

sixmoores said...

I am glad that you had that experience. You are amazing. I don't know how you did all that you did.

Kirsten said...

You did an incredible job Jeannette. You were (are) always on top of things, putting others first and spending endless hours serving. Your kids will have learned a lot from this. You are a great example to them. I don't know how you did it so well...being a mom of four, pregnant, and a resident's wife on top of it all is not easy in itself but you did it. I know that this is a time of mixed emotions but I am excited that you can enjoy the rest of the summer with Becky here and relax before another cutie joins your family. Thanks for a job well done...you have made everyone proud of you.

Jessika said...

Wow. I forgot that you were the RS Pres since I left shortly after you were called. You are truly an inspiration to me and so many others. Thank you for all you do and for the amazing woman you are! Someday I hope to be more like you!

pamela said...

jeanette, i think i would kill over under the weight of what you do! you're great.

Lili said...

Jeanette, you are amazing! I'm sure that the women in your ward have been greatly blessed to have you as their RS President. Being released is the hardest thing-even when you know it's the right time. I just tagged you, so check our blog for the details. Hope you guys are doing ok. Give Becky a big hug from us!

Ann said...

I'm sure the sisters in your ward were so blessed by your leadership and love. I just passed my 1 year of being RS pres...sometimes I think that a release will never come and sometimes I hope in never does!

Debbie said...

How I wished I were in the Riverside Ward while you were RS president. I can only imagine the wonderful blessings the women received while you were their president. I am so grateful to have you as one of my dear friends and miss you so much. One year ago we were spending the day together and spending the 4th of July together too. Oh how I miss those times!!! Keep up the great work and enjoy your summer. Can't wait to see the next Bowen girl... how beautiful she will be and those eyes she will have too.

Lonica said...

Thanks for all you did as RS Pres. I can't believe you managed to accomplish all that you do. What a job! Take a break and take it easy!