Friday, June 27, 2008

A Blissful Week for Mom

We just finished a great week - one I would happily repeat at any time! Emily, Lindsey & Jack went to Jodi's camp (at our local rec center) from 9:30 to 1:30 every day. They took their sack lunches and had a great time. They would come home so happy! Becky and Kate ran on lots of errands and went to some fun places, so that left me home alone in the La-Z-Boy! Add to that, a full box of Ding Dongs and the remote control, and really, does life get any better than that? A long time ago, a friend's dad once commented "Jeannette has always had it easy." How true that is!

To add to the blissfulness of the week, Kate has started to self-potty train herself. She announced one day "I burped in my pants", used the potty and has been dry ever since. What a gal!

I went to the doctor's again today and everything is still going great. There is no sign of protein and the doctor said that she'll induce me on August 8th if everything keeps going well. So, just 6 weeks from today! Yikes! We switched the kids beds around, so we even have somewhere for her to sleep.

Hip, hip horrah for modified bedrest!

7 comments:

ash said...

Jen,
How dreamy! I love that Becky is there, and your kids are happy and Jon is such a great guy. I don't think you really have it easy, but if you did, you certainly deserve it. Why? Because you rock! Love you.

Jessika said...

What a wonderful treat of a week for a wonderful woman! You're the best and you certainly deserved it! And go Kate for potty-training herself! (I think she must be trying to redeem herself for all the mischief you've mentioned previously! hahah!) I'm also so glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy. I can't wait to see what the next adorable Bowen child looks like...

pamela said...

i'm glad to hear your life involves some sweets and some good old fashioned sitting around! thats great!

Corinne said...

It doesn't take alot to make mom happy - just a few simple things in life - like a little time to yourself! I loved those moments. But now - to much time to myself. I would love the box of Ding Dongs though. You're so cute!

Britain said...

Self potty train? I have told you a dozen times how much I like this kid without ever having met her, right? Wow! That is all I have to say.

sixmoores said...

I am so glad you are doing well. Keep resting, eating ding dongs and keep Becky doing errands.

The Lilly's said...

Ding dongs, lazy boy and the remote sound wonderful, and you definately deserve all three. Enjoy!!