Friday, June 6, 2008

Last Day of School




Emily and Lindsey successfully finished 2nd grade and Kindergarten yesterday! Summer has officially begun! The girls both had amazing teachers and a great year at school.

Lindsey loved being at school and loved her teacher, Mrs. Holland. She asked me the other day if she could be held back just so that she could have Mrs. Holland as a teacher again. Lindsey was a fun, little helper in class and learned so much. For the class gift, I made a salt water taffy quilt for her. I stitched each child's name into a taffy. The parents in the class donated to help buy the backing and have it quilted. Then we presented it to her yesterday. She loved it. It was so fun to give someone who was so loving and patient to her class, a fun, memorable gift.




Emily also had a great year. Her teacher, Mrs. Kuhman, has been wonderful too! She attended Emily's baptism in the fall and has just been so sweet too. She is a huge Ohio State fan, so I made her an OSU quilt (and the other parents donated to have it quilted). I stitched the names of the kids in one of the borders. She was speakless and loved it too. It was a fun day to celebrate the end of another school year and to thank these 2 amazing teachers!


9 comments:

Corinne said...

What amazing gifts for those two wonderful teachers. It was all worth it! They are going to hate when the Bowen family leaves. I bet each teacher dreams of students like Emily and Lindsey.

Lili said...

Jeanette! You are amazing-those quilts are so gorgeous!! What a great idea for a year end gift. I'mglad that you guys have a blog-now we can better stay in touch. Give your kids (and Becky) a big hug from us! Love you guys!
~Areli

Becca said...

Jeanette,
I'm Ammon and Kirsten's sister... anyway's I feel like we are friends cause I hear so much about you guys from Ammon and Kirsten...Thanks for being such good friends to them!! Kirsten told me that you are the master quilter...but wow I'm impressed!!! What a great idea for your kids teachers! You are truly talented!!! I would love to see a post of all of your quilts...if it's too hard don't worry about it..but I think you should be able to brag about them.

Candy said...

Jeanette,

You never fail to amaze me! What a wonderful mom you are. Have an idea.. I have my kids in about 3 years. Then I give them to you and becky every summer.... yeah? -perfect. I love your guts!

Candy

Britain said...

Those quilts are so amazing. Wow. I bet the girls' teachers loved them.

The Lilly's said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

lisa h. said...

she looks stunned by the OSU quilt!! good joB!

ash said...

You never cease to amaze me, Jeannettie. Amazing skills, amazing family, amazing Y-O-U!

Debbie said...

I love them!!! GO Buckeyes!!!! And I have a picture of the taffy one and I show it off to everyone! You are amazing!