Monday, December 3, 2012

Recent Quilts

 At Thanksgiving time for the last 2 years, we have done a mini Secret Sister gift exchange with our Nielson cousins.  Last year, I had Aunt Claudia.  This year, I had Ashlie!    I just love Ashlie.  I smile every time I just say her name.  She has always been my hero and I was excited to make her something (our 1 rule is that that secret gift has to be homemade).   

I thought it would be fun to have something "summery" so when I found this cute wall hanging, I knew that was what I wanted to make her.  I loved the fabric and my quilter quilted it perfectly!





Over the summer, I was also able to make a Christmas quilt for Hannah. 



And, this fabric is still my all time favorite and when Becky and I found out that our cousin, Camille, was having a boy and that she loved gray & blue, we knew this was the quilt for her.   Becky actually sewed it while she was here in October and I finished the binding and we gave it to her last night at her family baby shower. 



2 comments:

Camille said...

I absolutely love, love love that quilt!! That fabric and colors are the cutest!! Matches the room perfect! Thanks you two! And for helping with the changing pad cover, that was the cutest!!

john + becky said...

These all turned out so cute!! You are amazing. I hope one day I will be as talented as you at quilting :)