Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving this year!   I have the sweetest Aunt Becky who was willing to host dinner and my heart still swells when I think of her doing that.   Becky & her kids worked so hard to get everything ready and it was PERFECT!

I didn't even have to cook a turkey this year and Jon handled most of the cooking on our end (pies, mashed potatoes & raspberry Jell-O salad) and I did the creamed corn.   We met over at Becky's at 1:00 and had such a delicious dinner together. 

There was quite a crowd:

Becky, Annie & Jesse Cowden
Richard Olsen
All 8 of us!
Peter
Richard, Misty & Sophia
Mike
John, Becky, Brooklyn & Jake
Aunt Claudia & Uncle Bruce
Matt
Aaron & Diane
Meg, Lucy & Nora
my friend Julie

It was so fun to visit and laugh and just be together.  We are looking forward to next year when my parents will be home (and Matt & Jake Cowden)!

After a few hours, we all made our way back to my house for leftovers, some ham & rolls, and some games.



 Becky & Annie
 

 Emily, Becky C. & Lindsey
 
 Mike & Jesse comparing phones
 
They had markers and papers for the little kids to color with and Hannah & Hailey just loved that!
 

 Aaron, Meg & Lucy
 



All the grandkids got to open new Christmas pajamas from Grandma Sorenson (and the Graf kids got some from Grandma Claudia).     They all looked so cute and snuggly in them!  Thank you Grandma!
(And thanks to me for picking them out :))   We also get out the Christmas quilts on Thanksgiving night.





 Hailey & Jake - I love his expression!  He's seriously just happy to be alive!
 
Brooklyn & Jake
 
 
Thank you again Becky!

2 comments:

john + becky said...

That was such a fun day! It is fun reading this and thinking back to that day. All the food was so good and Aunt Becky was quite the hostess!

I LOVE that picture of Hailey and Jake - that grin - love that boy!

Annie said...

It was lots of fun having everyone come over!! Love spending Thanksgiving with ya'll!