Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Emily Turns 11!

I can't believe how quickly this child is growing up too! Amazing! Last week, Emily turned 11! She is such a great big sister and oldest child! She is so kind and aware of her little siblings and someone that I can completely trust to take care of them. She is a great student and a great friend to others and we couldn't be any more proud of Emily!

Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of her birthday & party, but here are a few:



The day after her birthday, the kids didn't have school, so we took her friends to Nickelmania in the afternoon and then got them food at Wendy's. My brother Mike took the afternoon off to come and help shuttle all the kids around (thank you Mike!) and all the girls were so good. We are so happy with all the great friends that Emily has!

Kate, Hannah, Jack, Lindsey & Emily with Haylie, Rachel & Anna

All the cute girls - Anna, Rachel, Kate, Hailey M., Natalie, Kenzie, Ella, Haylie L., Emily & Lindsey

Happy 11th Birthday Em!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday to almost everyone in the Bowen family this month!!!! I can't believe how old the kids are getting...it's all going by so fast...I remember when Emily was six and Jack was 9 months old. Gosh it passes by quickly...looks like everyone partied well! And now you are off the hook until January! ;-D

The witch party looked so fun! You did an AMAZING job and that quilt was fabulous!!! WE have some things to collaborate for next year already and I've got a package headed your way tomorrow (if I type it here, that means it will actually happen).

Drove by your old apartment today...shouldn't have done that because I got all teary eyed. I've successfully avoided it until today and still makes me sad...probably always will. ;-)

Sorry this turned out to be a public email but miss you and love you guys! Happy birthday to everyone!

Em said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Emily is such a nice girl and all the little kids just love her. She reminds me a lot of her mom.

john + becky said...

I cannot believe you have an 11-yr old! Emily is a gem...seriously SUCH a good girl and THE perfect oldest child. I love her so much.

The Vorwaller Family said...

I hope Emily had a terrific birthday! It was fun driving them to sewing so I could talk to her and get to know her a little. She is so smart and sweet and was always so nice to Abi! We miss your family!!

Maya said...

please tell emily happy birthday from mark, miles, and me! :-)

megadog said...

Emily is a nice kid. I remember when she was born--cutest baby ever. She's just a short year behind Izzy.