Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween

I was TERRIBLE about taking pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes this year! I feel bad that I didn't ever get a group shot of them, but we had a great Halloween any way. They each got to have a class party at school, we had a really fun ward party and they loved trick-or-treating (except Lindsey who played in a soccer tournament that day and decided she'd rather stay home and watch "The Sound of Music").

We sure missed my mom this year and her help with costumes! Wahhh!! She is always so good at making them or offering suggestions. The kids also decided that they were absolutely done with a theme. I've LOVED having them do themes and we've done some pretty fun ones:

2009 - Alice in Wonderland
2008 - 5 Little Monkeys who jumped on the bed
2007 - Wizard of Oz
2006 - The 3 Little Pigs & The Big Bad Wolf

But, it was fun to let the kids each decide what they wanted to be. They ended up being:

Emily - a 50's dancer (and used her dance costume from last year)
Lindsey - witch
Jack - Rocky Balboa
Kate - Ariel
Hannah - Minnie Mouse

Kate's preschool class - she's on the top row with the blue dress




Hannah & her best friend Heidi ended up both being Minnie Mouse!
Can you tell which of these children has a mother who is a seamstress and which is not?


Jack marching in the school parade. He was happy to see me there and grinned really big & waved.


Emily was also happy to see me!

Lindsey - not so much! She raised her hand slightly for a small, quick wave and gave me a look liek "Mom, why are you here?"

5 comments:

john + becky said...

Ha ha ha....that is hilarious that Lindsey wanted to stay home and watch "The Sound of Music" instead of trick or treating. And that she was embarressed to see you at school...it's only the beginning :)

All the kids looked so cute in their costumes.

REBYRYAN said...

Very cute! I would hope you are referring to yourself as the seamstress Little Miss Quilter lady!!

megadog said...

I think I'm going to stay home next year and watch The Sound of Music. That is utterly hillarious. The kids ended up looking adorable. Only 90 more years until your mom gets home to help with ideas again (at least that's what it feels like)

Andrea said...

I have always loved your themed costumes. I'm glad you wrote those down from past years. I might end up stealing one of your ideas in the future. : )
Yes, of course, you're the seamstress!

Kelsi said...

Love all of the costumes and pictures. That is so cute the ideas you have had in the past Jeannette. You are so creative.