Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Community Helper" Visitor at preschool

Kate's preschool teacher asked if Jon could come to preschool this week and talk about being a doctor. He was a good sport about getting up early from sleeping and putting together really cute little doctor kits for the kids. Kate was really excited about him coming and Jon did a great job! He talked about being safe with helmets & seat belts and showed the kids some of his tools, like stethescope, otoscope, blood pressure cuff, etc. He brought some pictures of x-rays (including the one of Kate's broken arm a year and a half ago) and had the kids guess what bones they were. I think all the kids really enjoyed him being there!







6 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

that is cute. I can just imagine how fun it would be to have your daddy come to your school. I would have loved that as a kid - i would have been so proud of my dad and felt so loved.

lisa h. said...

that is so fun! I bet Kate LOVED it!

Debbie said...

such a great guy!!!!

megadog said...

He looks like he's really animated with those kids. That is so cute!

Kelsi said...

That is cute he did that for the kids. I always wanted a doctor kit when I was little. I bet Kate was so proud!

Em said...

That looks like a lot of fun!