Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Ahhh! Mother's Day! I love this holiday and this holiday also cracks me up! I love it because I can reflect on my own wonderful mother and the incredible blessing she is in my life. I was able to talk with her this morning and she was able to share the fun news that next month, on June 5th, the first Stake in all of Russia will be created - the Moscow Russia Stake! That is miraculous and we're so excited for the great people of Russia! I have a great mom and love her so much!

Mother's Day also cracks me up for 2 reasons.....First, my kids seem to fight more on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. I don't know what it is, but I think the same thing happened last year. Today, it hit full force, while our neighbors (and former Stake President and his wife) were visiting and bringing us a gift for Hailey. It involved Jack & Kate fighting and wrestling over a ball and Hannah (the referee) coming up and clubbing Jack in the back of the head with a bag. Glad the Bowen family could leave such a good impression!

Second, the gifts that come from children are hilarious....I'll let the pictures explain!



I took this picture at 7:30 this morning...I had been up for an hour to feed the baby and had woken all the other kids. That's Jon & Kate asleep. Kate apparently had a bad dream during the night, brought her pillow and sippy cup of water and crawled into bed with us. I guess breakfast in bed is overrated anyway!



This was Lindsey's gift...an entire sheet of coupons. There are definitely some useful ones...cooked meals, babysitting, foot rubs, back "masash" (aka massage) and anythings...however, I'm not sure what to think of the 3rd one from the top "1 free kick me out of my seat." I wonder if she feels like I am frequently asking her to move so that I can have her seat??


This is Kate's card...the front



And the inside! Glad I can buy Kate's love! (She's referring to a junkie thing I bought at Target last week for $5, just so she'd stop asking for stuff).



And Jack's....the beautiful flower in a cup. And then the decorated bag....I'm framing the middle section that reads "Mom is better than dad is!" It cracks me up because it's so not true - that boy can't get enough of his dad!



In all seriousness though, I'm so grateful to be a mom!






Hannah (2 1/2), Hailey (1 month) & Kate (5)






6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Happy Mothers Day!! You're an amazing mother & Jack's right! You ARE awesome!

john + becky said...

This whole post cracked me up! I still sometimes cannot believe you are the mother of 6 - that is quite amazing.

You didn't add in this post that on top of your relaxing day ;) ...(yeah right, we all know that's not true), you were lucky enough to cook all of your siblings/spouses a steak dinner. Boy are we a helpful bunch!!

Love you sis!

Corinne said...

Oh, you are always so sweet and kind with your words. You are the wonderful one! I miss those days of little children on Mothers Day and their excitement to share their precious treasures with you. Enjoy! I am so proud of you and your great family! AKHB! Tons of love....Mom

Anonymous said...

Hahaha oh this was so much fun to read! Scott also slept in while I got up to feed a baby, make breakfast, give baths before church, etc. :)

Breakfast in bed is definitely overrated! (And unrealistic with a baby who eats first.)

AnnDee said...

You are so funny. I love to read your blog. I LOVE Jack's card -- for sure frame that! You are such a great mom and I can't believe you went and did sharing time when Hailey was just born. You are a rockstar!! We all need to get together soon!

emilyf said...

oh gosh, too funny! You're a fabulous mother!