Thursday, June 16, 2011

Emily's New Room

I have dreamed for a long time (12 years!), about decorating bedrooms for my kids. I could go crazy in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog, but I've had to curb my desires. Jon finally let me go a wee little bit crazy and we were able to get some bedding for Emily's room.

Jon's brother, Tom, lived with us for over a year and even though we enjoyed having him stay with us, it was nice to have the bedroom back. It's the one bedroom we have in our basement, but that didn't deter Emily from wanting it. While I was in the hospital with Hailey, Jon took the kids to RC Willey and found her a screaming deal on a bedroom set. She wanted a Hawaiian theme and thanks to my great cousin, Ashlie, and the advice she gave us, this is what we came up with...


( I don't know why this is so dark..I tried 4 times)







Jon painted 2 walls green & 2 walls blue! I love it - it's so much fun to walk into! We still need to figure out curtains for both the window and the door (it's a glass door). Anyway, dream come true!! Now, onto saving for Lindsey's room!

5 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

Em's room turned out really cute and she did a good job picking out the colors. 1 bedroom down, 5 to go! (including Brooklyn's room :)

tiffany said...

Nice Job!! I love it alot!! It's so much fun doing kids bedroom.

Corinne said...

What a fun bedroom! I'm so excited for Emily. She will love being down there. Does she still have the little flip flop quilt I made her years ago? It would look cute in her room.

justbecky said...

Darling! Emily deserves her own room after so many years of sharing and helping!

Kelsi said...

So adorable! LOVE it.