Saturday, October 22, 2011

2011 Witches Party

One of my favorite days of the entire year is the day I throw a Witches Party! It takes months and months to get ready for, but it's so much fun. This year was no different.

Kelsi designed really cute invitations for me (thank you again Kelsi!!). I LOVED making a quilt and giving it away last year, so I decided to do it again. I was so excited about this year's. I started it in August when we were in Worland and put the last few stitches & buttons on the night before the party. Isn't it cute??!!








I also LOVE making a fun party favor! This one turned out super cute, but took quite a bit of time tracing, cutting out & folding, but I loved these shoes. I wanted to fill it with white chocolate mix, but of course, didn't end up having enough white chocolate and had to throw in some pink. Oh well, I just told the ladies it was for breast cancer awareness!




Witches Shoe - made out of cardstock




My wonderful brother-in-law, Tom, also spent 4 hours the day of the party decorating the outside of our house. He always does such a great job and it's a fun Halloween tradition.






Jon was so great to take the kids for most of the day to soccer, dinner, icecream, etc., so that I could get ready. We did our usual menu: soups (chicken noodle, broccili cheese, & chili) in soup bowls, grapes, & relish platter. Instead of doing rootbeer, I made orange slush.













Cutest little witch - Becky brought this hat and let Hailey wear it for a little bit.







So, everyone's assignment was to bring a decorated witches hat. This year's theme was "Favorite Book." It turned out to be really fun. Some of the categories were: Book Signing Award (the hat an author would choose to wear to their book signing), Illustrator's Award, Most Rebellious ('I read the invitation, but decided to not follow the theme), Children's Book Award, etc. After we ate, people voted on the hats and we calculated the results.




Each winner explained their hats and what book they chose as their favorite. After that, the rest of the hats were explained. I really, really appreciate all of these great women making hats. I know it's a lot of work and some times stressful!










Becky



Kathie (she won the Most Rebellious award) and also was the quilt winner!



(I need to add this photo when I get home)


Camille, Carla & Jillian




Annie - The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe




Jenny & Isabella





Emily - her cute kids made the pictures for her hat - she like me - no time to read anything but kids books!




Aunt Claudia (travelled from Worland, WY)


(another picture to add)


Meg





Ebby




Misty



Mary



Katie (with baby Ruby)




Anna






We then had some yummy dessert (apple nachos, apple pie dip & sugar cookies). I didn't like the apple pie dip though - it was served with whole wheat tortillas and it was nasty!




Thank you again to everyone that came! It's certainly a night I look forward to all year!

8 comments:

Annie said...

It was soo much fun! Everything was so cute. You always to a great job at that party!

Stan and Pat said...

I am amazed at all the work you go to to put on the party. I look forward to it every year. All the food was delicious. It is always fun to see the hats everyone comes up with. The quilt was the cutest!!!! One of these years, I will win...I hope. Thanks for putting on such a fabulous party and for all the work you put into it.

Stan and Pat said...

That last comment was from Em.

Kelsi said...

That party just looks amazing. I am so sad I missed it. That blanket is to die for. Looks and sounds like everyone had a fabulous time!

lisa h. said...

the most rebellious award is awesome!! love it!

Stan and Pat said...

An amazing and wonderful party once again. Great food. Delicious desserts (even the whole wheat torillas) We always have a such a fun time. Thanks for giving us a fun party to go to in October. We love it.

megadog said...

The best! Loved it loved it.
One of my favorite nights too.
Thanks for all the months of preparation. We all LOVE it.

Kirsten said...

You did such a good job as usual!!!! I sure miss throwing it with you though. Every detail was thought of and the quilt is absolutely amazing!!!!! You did an awesome job and your family is so lucky to have a talented, hard working person like you throwing fun parties!!!