Monday, October 3, 2011

Buckeye Women Retreat

A couple of weekends ago, I was able to go on a retreat with some of the women that I admire most! Andrea Jeppesen & I planned a girl's retreat for all of those who could make it who lived in Ohio at the same time as we did. We missed those that couldn't come, but LOVED being with those that did.

There were several that flew in from out of state (Melinda, Lonica, Kirsten, Becky & Camille) and several of us that live in Utah. We met on a Friday late morning at Gardner Village. We shopped for a little bit and then had lunch at Archibald's. I thought the food was delicious!


One side of the table: Melinda (expecting a baby in March), Kirsten (expecting a baby in January), Lonica (also expecting a baby in March) & Andrea

The other side of the table - me (who looks like I'm expecting a baby in March - but am not), Laura, Jessika (who is expecting a baby in March) & Becky.

After we ate, we drove to Park City for hour-long pedicures! They were heavenly. AnnDee & Amber met us there. They did 8 of us at once and we all loved the relaxing moments of being in the chair, surrounded by great friends.



Andrea & Melinda




Laura & Amber (expecting a baby in November - but looks like she's not due until March)



Becky



Jessika



AnnDee & Hailey




the row of royal treatment



Kirsten



and me!


After pedicures, we drove (in the rain) to Midway, where we were able to stay at a cabin that Andrea had arranged. It was wonderful! We made dinner together, ate, played a game, talked & talked and then was joined by Camille (who had flown in). After Camille got there, we gave each other our Secret Sister gifts. That was really fun!


We stayed up late talking! I love talking to all of these women! We're all just trying to do our best and live our lives and raise our children the right way. I gain such strength from all of them.


The next morning, we got up. The weather was 'if-y', so a few people went for a walk, then we got ready and went to Heber for breakfast at The Hub. Nina came with her new little 10 day old baby. The food was really good and it was such a treat to eat breakfast out!

Me, Becky, Laura & Kirsten


Andrea (with Alice), Camille, Lonica, me (with Hailey), Jessika, Melinda, Becky, AnnDee, Nina (with Graham) & Kirsten


After The Hub, we drove to Park City and went shopping at the outlet mall for several hours. Several of us were able to find new jeans, clothes for the kids, etc. What a blast! I could have stayed several more hours!


We stopped at Granny's in Heber for shakes, and met up with Barbie. Her and her cute family have just recently moved to Utah.


We drove back to the cabin, where we met Ali (who is also expecting a baby in March). It was such a blessing to have Ali there, as she's been on bedrest. We had reservations to eat dinner at the Mexican restaurant in Midway. The food was okay - the company was spectacular!





Row 1 - Lonica, Ali, Barbie, Melinda, Jeannette & Hailey

Row 2 - Kirsten, AnnDee, Andrea, Alice, Camille & Jessika



We went back the cabin for more visiting, laughing and a game. We got up Sunday morning, got everything picked & cleaned up and said goodbye. I felt like I went home a better wife & mother and hope that others felt the same way. These girls are my heros and I appreciate them all so much!

A huge thank you to all the husbands & family that watched the kids! I believe among this group, there are 50 kids and another 6 on the way! Holy moley!


And these two little angels, who came along...

Hailey & Alice


These babies were gems!



Cute Alice




Cute Hailey


6 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

that sounds amazing! How wonderful! Wish I lived in Ohio with you all! :O)

Katie said...

I love that you were able to do this. Some of the most inspiring and amazing women I have ever met, and who have become my second family, are those I've encountered during this medical journey, and I only dream of getting them all together again someday. What a blessing to have such wonderful friends!

Becky Sorenson said...

What a fun weekend you had!! It was fun to read this and see pictures because I know so many of these women. You deserved a weekend like that (and you deserve many more!)

Em said...

Sounds like a great, fun, relaxing weekend. That is amazing so many were able to come and enjoy the time.

Andrea said...

Jeannette, you crack me up! You do not look pregnant in the least bit. Especially in those new jeans of yours!

Kelsi said...

I am glad you had a good time. I am glad you liked the Hub. I haven't been there forever. Looks like you guys know how to have a good time.