Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Dance Show

Kate, Lindsey & Hannah were all able to perform in the Murray Community Dance show on Saturday, December 14th.   We were so blessed that week because Lindsey came home from her dress rehearsal on Wednesday night and threw up and was sick most of the night.  Hannah & Kate both stayed home from school on Thursday & Friday with being sick.   But, all seemed to be well for the big day!

There were 6 dance shows total that day, plus 3 indoor soccer games.   Jon was such a good sport about driving kids everywhere and even sneaking in a couple of dance shows.  Emily did Hannah & Kate's hair for me and I watched all 6 shows - being a parent-helper for 3 of them.

Lindsey performed her jazz dance at 9:30 and 11:30.   Jon was able to see the first show and then Becky, her kids & Mike were able to sit with me & Emily for the 2nd show.

Kate performed her ballet number in the 1:30 and 3:30 shows.

Hannah performed her tap and Kate performed her jazz dance in the 5:30 and 7:30 shows. 

I know I'm biased, but they all did GREAT!!!  They all smiled throughout their entire dances and were right on.  I was so proud!

I started feeling sick during the 7:30 show (Becky, Brooklyn, Jon, Emily & Hailey had come to that show).  I had a Zofran in my pocket because of the stomach stuff that had gone around, so I took one of those.   Thankfully, the full-fledged stomach flu didn't hit until I walked in the door.  It was awful, but I was so grateful that it didn't hit until after the shows!


Olivia Spackman & Lindsey (their other friend Olivia Blackburn was supposed to be in the show too, but broke her arm the day before :( )
 

 Olivia & Lindsey are the front row - left to right
 



 Kate in the her ballet dance
 
 Kate is the second from the right
 
 
Hannah & Heidi
 

 Josie & Kate
 








 Hannah's tap show - she's the second from the left in the front, with Heidi next to her
 

 

 Kate's jazz dance - she's second from the left
 

No comments: