Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving

 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!   We stayed in Murray for it and celebrated with my side of the family.   What a huge treat it was to have my parents back!   We've sure missed them over the last 3 Thanksgivings!

The day before Thanksgiving, Jon worked hard to make yummy pies and Lindsey worked hard to make these cute pilgrims out of pound cake & 2 large muffins.



My mom let us use her table clothes, so it looked really festive. We had 3 large tables and a small kids table.   I think we ended up with 30 people.  Jon had to work a day shift, but then had the rest of the weekend off, so that was nice.  Aunt Claudia & Uncle Bruce came down from Worland, so we had all of their kids (minus Ashlie), all my siblings (minus Becky) and the Cowden's. 



Hailey fell asleep during all the prep
 

 This is the only picture I got of dinner starting...
 
except for these crazy girls who wouldn't hold still for anything to get a picture!


After we ate, we visited and played games and had a wonderful afternoon together.   We also exchanged our secret sister gifts.   I had Meg this year and made her this wall hanging.   I absolutely loved how Jen quilted it for me.



 
Ashlie had my name and sent the most amazing package with a really fun advent calendar & beautiful Christmas ornaments.   Every day the kids take turns opening a bag and there is a little treat for them in it.  There's also a scripture to read about the Savior's birth & life.  We have really, really enjoyed it!

The kids also got new Christmas pajamas from my mom - but it's not letting me load any more pictures, so I'll try to put those on later.

Thank you to everyone who made Thanksgiving a lot of fun!!!

1 comment:

john + becky said...

The snowman table runner turned out SO CUTE!! I love it.

We were sad we weren't there for Thanksgiving, but looks like it was a good time! You are the best host and nice to always have everyone over.