Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Quilt after Quilt after Quilt

 This post will make it look like I've been really productive in the quilt department lately - but these some of these have been over a year in the making...

First - my mom made me this beautiful apple quilt!  I had made 2 of these several years ago for teachers in Ohio, but she knew how much I loved it and that I probably would never make one for myself.   I just love it!!




In 2012, I started 2 Block of the Month Clubs through fatquartershop.com.   My mom had done one the year before (and even managed to finish it in Russia!) and I loved it.  So, I signed up.  Once a month, I got a block in the mail with the fabric & pattern for that block.   Then, I bought the finishing kit to sew the sashing and complete them.   

This first one I decided to give to my mother-in-law, Diane.  She is a beautiful quilter & seamstress and I knew she would love it.   I gave it to her for Christmas and she did love it!





Many, many months ago, I discovered that there was a Robert Miller line that had fabrics with the 8 Young Women values on them.  (For those blog viewers who are not LDS, they are values that the Young Women are taught about and try to live - Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity & Virtue).

I looked and looked for a pattern that I liked to go with this line and FINALLY found 2 kits at the Corn Wagon in Springville.   So, I made one for Emily & one for Lindsey.  I added their names and let them choose the backing fabric.  (And, finally finished the binding on them during Christmas break).




 The quilting is absolutely beautiful - done by Jen Hinwood
 




And, this is the 2nd block of the month.  It's a quilt by Nancy Halverson and I loved that it came as a block of the month!   It took hours and hours to sew on all the embellishments, but I love how it turned out!  I think I'll keep this one for myself  :)









Anyway - Yeah for completed projects and yeah for the 30 more that I have waiting to do!

1 comment:

john + becky said...

Talented lady!! You are productive in quilting, all year long! I love seeing your latest project.