Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 Witches Party

 On Saturday, October 11th, I had my 6th annual Witches Party!   I look forward to this party all year long and love it when I have my ideas all sorted out in my head.   This year, I knew I didn't want to do hats again and I did a favorite's party last year, so I had the idea to have "shoes" as my theme.  So, the title of the party was "The Sole of a Witch."  

As you can see from the invitation that Kelsi did for me (which was amazing, as usual), I had everyone bring a pair of shoes that represented something about them or an experience/memory they have, as well as shoes to donate to charity if they wanted to.


Jon's brother Tom, came into town and was kind enough to decorate the house in cobwebs again.   He does an amazing job and surprised me this year with a homemade fall wreath to hang above the door.  It was huge!  And, it lit up!



It's always fun to decorate the house for the party too - and to get it all cleaned up!


The party favors were little bags that had a pedicure kit and a couple of nail polishes.
 

We had our usual dinner - 3 kinds of soups.  My mom was so sweet and offered to make chili for me, but then ended up not being able to come because she got a stomach bug that day.  So, so sad!   And, my Aunt Claudia had decided at the last minute to come with Uncle Bruce that week on a business trip so that she could come to the party.  She ended up with a gastrointestinal bug as well and she wasn't able to come.   Sad!   We missed them both so much and I felt so bad that they were sick!

For dessert, my mom had ordered donuts, which tasted delicious!   Becky came into town with her kids so that she could come.   I was so happy to have her there - she showed up with the chili and donuts and right at the exact moment that I needed an extra set of hands to pull everything together.

After eating, we all showed the shoes that we chose to bring.  It was so much fun to hear why everyone picked their pair!   I am so blessed to have so many great, amazing, shoe-loving women in my life!

I wasn't great about taking pictures, but I did get a picture of everyone with their shoes.







 











And, as usual, I made a quilt to give away at the party.  This pattern fit perfectly with my shoe theme and it was fun to make!  We did our usual, random drawing and the winner was Mandy!!!!   I was so happy that she won it!



 
Yeah for another wonderful night!  My kids were so good about watching themselves.  Jon was at work and they played in the basement!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so awesome every year. Jealous

john + becky said...

Another great witches party! Thanks for planning everything for me to copy :) You put a TON of work into it every year and everyone loves it. My goal is to never miss one :)

Em said...

Looks like another fabulous party. I was so sad I couldn't be there. I love how you got a picture of everyone with their shoes. That was really neat!

Kelsi said...

Love all of this. You come up with great ideas every year! So fun to see each person and what shoes they chose. Your parties are always a hit! Your house looks awesome!