Sunday, April 27, 2008

Do we have to invite the Bowen's?

I am beginning to wonder if we bring bad luck with us when we visit our friends. We went to a really fun BBQ last night at the new house of friends that used to live in our ward. While we were there, their 18 month old fell off a chair and chipped his tooth. Then, he fell on the patio steps and they had to take him in for 4 stitches. This same family had a daughter break her arm on the trampoline a couple of years ago while we were at their house. A couple of weeks ago, another family had their 6 year old little boy get a gash in his head after jumping off his bed while we were there.

This picture below shows the pure terror that children should feel when in the company of the Bowen's! Our friends are truly amazing!

6 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Oh my gosh, whose baby is that? That's too hilarious. I was reminiscing the other day that when I was little I loved the name Emily and named my doll that. Then I remembered that your Emily used to call her doll Lana. Pretty cool, huh?!

Bowen Family said...

It's my friend's little girl! I just couldn't help posting that picture. Emily still has the "Lana" doll, although I think we've had to send her to the doll hospital and get a new head.

Debbie said...

Ok that is the funniest picture!!! At least your hubby is a doctor and he is there to the rescue :)

Britain said...

Oh my goodness! I would be willing to take a couple of bumps and bruises if it meant we got to spend some time with your cute family. We miss you guys.

pamela said...

that picture of that baby is SO funny.

and don't worry, we've long felt like in general we are the family others like to avoid, although not because of stitches and other injuries. i know i'd love to have you around!

Kirsten said...

This is such nonsense! All my kids wish they were Bowens and wish they could run away and live with YOU guys! I have looked at this picture so many times and still get a great laugh everytime. I think I will have to post it on ours too just so I'll never forget it! ;) You guys are so loved by all and so much so that I wish you would never leave Columbus-even if it meant my kids had to have a couple of more stitches and broken bones to get you to stay!! J/K We love you guys...Karli does too, no matter what her face says!!!