Monday, April 14, 2008

Is there anyone out there who would like a 2 year old?

I think Kate is one of the cutest things I've ever laid my eyes on, but she is definitely a 2 year old, and I am trying to muster up enough energy to keep up with her. She learned how to climb out of her crib this weekend (she's my first child to ever do this), so naptime and bedtime are not as easy as they once were. She is a climber (especially in attempts to get into candy, water or medication). (This particiular picture shows her using the little toilet from the bathroom to climb up to the kitchen sink - by the way....the beer looking bottle on the counter is Jon's IBC rootbeer that the kids have mostly drank while he's been on trauma this month). And today, I knew the 2 minutes of quiet were bad...and sure enough, she had written all over our couch with a pen.

Thank goodness kids are so cute and that with a little baby lotion, they smell scrumptious! Hopefully Kate will realize soon that boundaries are good and we have them because we love her!

10 comments:

brownbears said...

Jeannette- love the pictures of your family...especially your little two year old trying to clime out of the window! What a beautiful family. I would love to keep in touch through our blog sites, although I have to admit I'm a bit of slacker on keeping up my site. Great to hear from you.
Becky Beesley Brown

sixmoores said...

All of our kids have been climbing machines. Best wishes! This phase is all about endurance...each day. I really like her cute smile.

Corinne said...

I want her! She is so cute and funny (of course it's easy for me to say because I don't have to worry about her everyday). The scarey thing is that we know it's only a phase - but what will be next? Tell her grandma loves her!

The Lilly's said...

Oh my goodness, you're scaring me! Steph never got in to things, but we already get the feeling Alex is going to make up for it. You're such an awesome mom to grab your camera to capture the moment instead of freaking out like most moms would do!

Britain said...

I'll take her.

megadog said...

She's a beauty. Aiden was and still is a climber. I found him on the top of our "car port" thing retrieving a stuffed animal, or so he said.
Good luck with all that!

Lonica said...

Don't worry, if you need me to, you can always pawn her off on me. I'd be willing to take her in anytime! :0)

pamela said...

oh man i feel your pain on the crib thing. once my little boy figured that out our life was REALLY difficult for about six months.

Kirsten said...

Oh goodness!! Thank goodness Kate is so darn cute at everything she is doing. She just keeps you hopping!! This one makes me laugh out loud everytime I look at it!
:-) I'll take her off your hands if you want and you can take Hailey! Just kidding but I have got something to show you what Hailey did last night! Maybe this super busy phase will end soon or maybe TWO sessions a week of Fun with Jodi would do the trick!! :) LOL...

AnnDee said...

Your posts are always so fun. Your family is great. And I'm glad you got a little kate to spice things up. :) Hopefully number 4 won't be learning from her closest sis.