Sunday, April 20, 2008

Soccer, Sinks, Sewing & Sunday Dinner

Wow - these weeks go by fast! We had a great week and a great weekend! After my last post, Kate seems to have decided to be a little easier of a 2 year old, so I am grateful for that. She must have decided she didn't like getting in trouble and has faithfully stayed in her crib for naps and bedtime.

On Saturday, Lindsey had a soccer game. She is a good little player and has really enjoyed playing. We've told her that if she scores a goal, we could go out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. She's always confident she'll be able to do this, but we've never had to cash in on this. Yet, she's never disappointed at the end of the game.


Kate continues her fascination with climbing, particularly into sinks. I've found her in every sink in the house. Sometimes she's turned the water on and is soaking, other times she's attempting to get a drink or I guess just needing a place to sit. She asks every day if we can go swimming, so this must be her way of getting excited about swimming this summer!





My latest two sewing projects have been to sew quilts for Emily and Lindsey's school teachers. They've both been blessed with incredible teachers this year, so I've made them for the end of the year class gifts. Lindsey's teachers is done. It's a salt water taffy quilt with each child's name stitched into a taffy. Emily's teachers is almost done - I just need to stitch the kid's names into it (that's what the white papers are on the black border). She's a huge OSU fan, so her's will be the OSU quilt. They have been so much fun to make and I can't wait to get some minkee for the backing and have them quilted.

The kids and I had a good Sunday today. I had meetings this morning and my great friend, Kirsten, offered to watch them. (Little did Kirsten know that this calling would be her calling too - thank you so, so much!). Then, on the way home from Church, Jon called from the hospital and said that it was pretty quiet at the moment there and if we wanted to visit him we could. So, we turned around and headed to the hospital. We ate Sunday dinner at the cafeteria and I thought it tasted great! He's enjoyed this trauma month and has learned a lot. He's just started another 18 day stretch where he just has 1 day off. He's been amazing at balancing everything!

Well...onto another week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! :)

I love that quilt. You are so incredibly talented and generous with your talents. Thanks for sharing.

Ohhh and I also enjoyed the soccer photo. It brought back lots of good memories for me. I hope she scores next time! :)

Debbie said...

That quilt is AWESOME!!! You are amazing. I just admire all you do! I miss ya lots and wish we lived closer. Lindsey is just adorable and Kate is hilarious.

sixmoores said...

I love the idea of the quilt for the teacher, cute idea.

The Lilly's said...

So Lindsey must have inherited her mother's passion for Texas Roadhouse! I hope Jon's residency goes quickly for you guys, I don't know how you balance everything. Beautiful quilt as always. Alex took his to church yesterday. It's our "special occasion" quilt because it's so nice I don't want it to get worn out!!

lisa h. said...

you are SOOOO NICE to make those quilts!! those teachers are going to DIE when they see them. i wish i was as talented...i think my quilt is going on 18 months for me to finish!