Thursday, July 16, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I have dreaded this post for 2 weeks now. It brings up a lot of emotions and tender feelings about very dear friends and the heartache of saying goodbye. So, I will let pictures do the "talking." I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but those of you not pictured, know who you are!

The Larson family (Becky, Joseph, Cecile, Emily & Thomas) - they moved to North Carolina at the beginning of JuneGretchen, Samantha, Katherine, Lindsey, Avery & Grace - these cute girls are from Lindsey's class and they threw her a surprise "going away" party





Hannah's face says it all!! This is Lenore! Lenore was our "angel" who took such great care of us all 7 years that we were in Ohio!


Heather Parks & I

Jodi Shealy & the kids. Wow - this was a hard goodbye!



Kirsten had an openhouse for us our last night in Columbus - this is just a sampling of how wonderful it was!

A book could be written about the adventures of this blonde and this red head! Kate and Hailey! This very day - Hailey had her front tooth pulled! Could she be any cuter? (She had broken it from running into another little boy in the airport several days before).


Nine of the greatest kids you'll ever meet!
The dearest friend I've ever had
(Time to go wipe my big sloppy tears!)

5 comments:

The Lilly's said...

That is so sad! I'm glad you had such a wonderful group of friends while you were there and hope things are going smoothly as you get settled back here in Utah. When things settle down for you I'd love to get together!

Kirsten said...

Okay, where are the tissues!??! I need them RIGHT NOW! I have dreaded this post too. IF you want even more red eyed goodbye pictures of friends, I have got lots more for you too. ;-)

We miss you guys ton. Columbus will never be the same but now I am counting down the days until we get to come see you again. Give the kids a hug from us! Can't wait to hear about your weekend! Luv ya lots!

angie said...

It is so hard to say goodbye when you have made such good friends. Good luck with the transition back to Utah.

Debbie said...

ahhh i remember those good-byes 6 years ago :(...it was soooo good to see you in your new house!!!

Becky Sorenson said...

Kirsten needs to move to Utah...that is all.