Friday, July 24, 2009

Visit to see Uncle Rich

(I'm jumping ahead a bit...but will get back to blogging about the move).

Last weekend, my mom, Becky and the kids and I drove down to Las Vegas to visit my brother, Richard. Richard has been working and living in Vegas for 2 years and was just transferred to a firm in Utah, so he'll be moving back home too! We had always wanted to go see him and it was our last chance to do it.
We arrived to squelching hot Vegas on Friday afternoon. We swam at the pool in Richard's complex and then had a yummy dinner at The Claim Jumper. The kids then loved watching a movie on Richard's big tv.
On Saturday, we got up and drove to a different swimming pool and had a blast swimming most of the morning. It felt so good to be in the water and the kids loved it! It got up to 115 degrees that day, so our options were either be in water or inside. Then, we got dressed and went to a buffet (does anyone visit Vegas without a trip to a buffet?). After getting Hannah and Richard down for naps, my mom, Becky, Emily and I found a quilt store and then a fun cupcake bakery. There is something very therapeutic about being with the girls in the family, shopping at quilt stores and eating fancy cupcakes!
We ventured down to the Strip to see the fountain show at the Bellagio! It was super crowded and hot, but it was fun to see the fountains. The kids loved it!
Richard, thank you again! We had a blast! It was fun to be spoiled by you! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Emily, Hannah & Kate

Richard

Kate - doing what everyone wants to do after a buffet - sleeping!

Bellagio's fountain show

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

How fun is that?! I bet everyone is excited about Richard's move home-even me! LOL! I mean um...;-) What cupcake store did you find? I'll have to keep all these things in mind next time we are ALL in Vegas together...hmmm...I wonder if we could swing it for Christmas? I don't know if I could survive the heat though! Did you find anything fun at the quilt store? See we need to chat on the phone again!! Luv ya lots!!

Kelsi said...

Sounds so hot! I love how Kate fell asleep after eating at the Buffet. I know Tom is glad Rich is moving home. I bet all of you are excited to have the whole family in Utah.

Becky Sorenson said...

That was such a fun, yet quick trip! I'm so excited for Rich to move home but sad we won't be able to visit him in Vegas anymore. He knows how to treat his guests...most of the time ;O) "And here's a golden gragham, don't worry, I'll get it!"