Saturday, July 4, 2009

We made it to Utah alive!

We made it!! 2200 miles, 9 states, lots and lots of gasoline and 4 very tired adults later, we arrived in the Salt Lake valley on Wednesday night. As we pulled into town, I was torn. Part of me was super excited to meet our new house (which is fabulous!), but another part of me wanted to turn right around and head back to our lives in Columbus! (More blogging to come about saying goodbye!). The kids were great in the car and my parents were spectacular! Without their help packing, driving, unpacking and letting us sleep at their house for the first couple of nights, I don't know how we would have done it. Moving is about as fun as having a root canal done, but they made it 100 times easier!

Kate and I arrived in Salt Lake sick (coughs and sore throats) and have managed to share it with other members of the family. We're hoping to feel better soon and have the energy we need to continue unpacking. We were grateful to arrive in time for Jon's niece Genny's wedding yesterday and we loved being in the Temple with family.

We are without phone, internet or cable for another 10 days, so postings will be coming soon! Again, thank you all of our dear Ohio friends, our parents, our siblings and our dear Utah friends, who have helped us through the moving process!

Happy Independence Day!!

10 comments:

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

So glad you made it! We're going to be in Utah end of July -- maybe we can finally see you again!

Ryan Cowley said...

Oh my dear friend, I think moving can be one of the hardest changes in life! I can't even imagine the move you just made! Glad to hear you made it safely and good luck with all the unpacking.

Becca said...

Oh, we are glad you made it!!! It will be so fun to hang out! Hope you're feeling better!

Kirsten said...

I am glad you made it safe and sound!! It's crazy that it's now official. You are actually Utahans! I am sorry about being sick...you can probably blame that one on us and I am so sorry you all had to get that as a nice goodbye present from us. I hope you all are feeling better soon.

Good luck with everything in the next couple of weeks...unpacking, getting used to a new ward, and getting all connected to the oustide world again (internet),etc. I am so excited for you guys and your new chapter of life and can't wait to see pics of you in your new house. We still miss you like crazy. That will never change.

Kelsi said...

Glad you guys made it safe. You should post some pictures of your new place.

Debbie said...

It was sooo good to see you on the 4th...we have made it home safely...we are exhausted too...tired children and tired parents...i am so happy for you guys...hope to see you in san diego soon...our doors are always open...

Becky Sorenson said...

I am so glad you guys are finally here! It is weird to think of you being in town and not spending 24/7 with you like I'm used to. I love you Jace, nice to have my best friend back! (I am sitting at work in the Gov's office alone on the job - sweatin like a dog!)

Em said...

So glad you made it safely. Hopefully, we'll see you soon.

Jessika said...

So glad you made it there safe and sound! I miss you!!! I hope everything is great in the new house and that you are getting all settled in.

pamela said...

welcome back. moving sounds like a nightmare though!