Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All Done

I have just loved watching Hannah's little personality shine more and more brightly over the last several months. Oh, how we love her! I love that she waddles around from room and room and never wants to be left out of anything.


Well, a week ago, her personality again came shining through. She had still been nursing 4 times in a 24 hour period (once before her two naps, going to bed at night and then once during the middle of the night). My other babies were weaned between 13 and 18 months and I was fully planning on nursing her another couple of months. Well, I was nursing her one night last week and she bit me. All of my babies have done that and I pull away and tap them on the mouth and sternly tell them "no." It always makes them cry, but I want them to understand that it's not okay. Well, I did that to Hannah and she cried......and then she refused to nurse again. She was done.


It's been a bitter/sweet experience. I always am a little sad to not be able to have that quiet one-on-one time any more with my babies, but it's also so freeing to not have to worry about it. It's also such a treat to be able to sleep through the night again! She's LOVED the new experience of having a couple of books read to her before bed and she's been great about just laying down and going to sleep - despite not having a belly full of milk. Anyway, what a funny girl!

2 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

Oh, she IS so cute! She is so funny too and I love how excited she gets when I chase her. She is growing up too fast, time to have another baby! ;)

Candy said...

and the sage?....... ;)