Monday, October 4, 2010

Lindsey's 9th Birthday

I can't believe that Lindsey is already 9!! We had a fun time celebrating her birthday! We spread it out over a few days - beginning with a birthday dinner for her and my brother Peter.
We just did a really simple dinner on a Thursday night and then went to a softball game that Rich, Mike, John & Jon played in.


I love this picture (except for Hannah's weird face). Peter is so great with our kids and is such a great uncle to them!


Then Saturday morning was Lindsey's birthday. She woke up to find a brand new bike! She was excited and then we began our busy, busy day! Jon was already at work. I left the kids with a babysitter to go to the Temple to see my Aunt Becky sealed to her husband Willie and her 4 kids. It was an incredible experience and I was so grateful to be there. While I was gone, a friend took Jack to flag football and another friend took Lindsey to her soccer scrimmage. When I got back at 11:00, we hurried and drove to Tooele for Emily's soccer game. Then we came back to Salt Lake and met at Becky & John's house to go to the circus. All of my siblings & Meg & Jason went and it was great! Jon was able to join us around intermission and following the circus, Jon took the kids and dropped Emily off at a birthday party and Becky & I went and watched the General Relief Society Meeting and then went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. It was a great, exhausting day!



This girl could hardly stand to wait to open her gifts!
Her Stats are: 54 lbs (15th percentile) and 51 inches (30th percentile)
Then we had a birthday party for Lindsey on Monday. We had rescheduled it twice, so we were happy to finally do it. We did a Backward's Party. We sent thank you notes as the invitation. The girls came and we did everything backwards - decorated & ate cupcakes and icecream, opened gifts, played games, ate breakfast and then played. I was so glad Jon was home (he made the entire meal)!

The party favors


This is Lindsey's friend, Sierra. She definitely was the most into our backward's theme, including wrapping her gift in Christmas paper and using a Valentine's for the card.


decorating cupcakes

Lindsey and some of her cute friends!

We sure love you Lindsey! You are beautiful, talented, kind, loving & such an important part of our family!






3 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

The general relief society meeting and dinner was so fun w/ you...I love that tradition. I only wish Mom was her to join us.

I can't believe Lindsey is 9. I love that girl.

Ryan Cowley said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!

Kirsten said...

What a cute party. I still can't believe Lindsey is nine now, the time is passing too fast. Her party looked really fun and I loved how her friend did the upside down french braids. That was awesome. Hope things are going well for you guys. Miss you.