Thursday, October 14, 2010

Proud Sister

I couldn't be any more proud of my cute little sister! Last Thursday morning, Hannah, Kate & I went to the West High Homecoming assembly where she was honored by the Athletic Department and inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame. She was (and still is) an amazing basketball player & leader and had a hugely successful high school and college career. This is a very well-deserved award!


Then on Friday night, the kids and I (Jon was in Chicago taking a big oral board exam), went to the West High football game (which was actually against Murray High School). The alumni treated Becky and all of us so well (great seats, free food) and at half time, they had Becky come out on the field. We're sure proud of you Becky!



And as a cute side story, this sweet lady is 104 and is the oldest living alumni of West High. She was crowned honorary homecoming queen and led the school in a cheer at half court during the assembly! As is said at West High "Once a panther, always a panther!"

4 comments:

megadog said...

That Becky is one talented gal. She was and is quite a talented player. I'm glad they didn't wait until she was 104 to give her the award.

john + becky said...

Ahh..thanks Jeannette. You are the best sister. Thanks for coming to those events. That assembly reminded why I'm glad to be out of high school! :)

The Lilly's said...

I looked for you at the game but didn't see you! I did see 2 of your brothers walk by. I was really impressed by all Becky's accomplishments!

Debbie said...

that is sooo cool...congrats