Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Silly Putty Saga

Yesterday morning, I woke up Kate, after letting her sleep in a little longer than usual. Everything seemed normal, until I noticed she had pink stuff in her hair. Lo & behold, she had seen her silly putty as she was going to bed and decided to "keep it safe" by sleeping on it.

Oops! This is what her hair looked like...


I don't know if Silly Putty is harder to get out than gum, but I was so grateful Jon was home yesterday morning. He used ice, cold water, warm water, cooking spray, peanut butter & a comb to work all those pieces of Silly Putty out. It was a long, painful process, but somehow Jon got it to the point where were only need to snip a little bit of it out with scissors. Hopefully we have all learned something from this....SILLY PUTTY IS NOW BANNED FROM THE BOWEN HOUSEHOLD!



5 comments:

john + becky said...

HA HA HA!! Oh poor Kate!! That is so funny, but so sad for her. Glad Jon was able to get most of it out.

The Vorwaller Family said...

We have silly putty for church that I hide because I am terrified of that happening! Poor Kate I am sure she will never hide anything that way ever again!

Anonymous said...

Keep it safe? Hehe. Poor girl. I woke up with gum in my hair when I was at a neighbor's house. She gave me a haircut (a cute bob) and sent me home to my surprised mom. :)

I'm glad it's all out of Kate's hair!

megadog said...

That is a hillarious picture of Kate at the end. I don't think we've ever had silly putty at our house so I guess we'll keep up that tradition. Jon is a patient dad. That would have been one ugly haircut!

Em said...

That last picture of Kate makes me laugh. Kids do the darndest things.