Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

We had a great, low-key 4th of July yesterday!

On Tuesday, we took the kids to Lagoon (a local amusement park).   We hadn't gone for a couple of years and told them we would take them this year. Jon had worked an overnight the night before but got up just before I was going to venture there with the kids.  It was a hot day, but we loaded the cooler with cold pop & ice and went. 

Lagoon was great!  Hot, but great!  The lines for the rides were so fast and short and we met up with our friends, the Richardson's, so it was fun to be with them.    We got home late on Tuesday, so we took it nice & easy yesterday.

I spent several hours Tuesday & Wednesday trying to finish up PTA treasurer reports (all because of $0.45 that was off - which thankfully Jon helped me figure out).   Last night, Becky Cowden & her kids Annie & Jesse, had invited us over for dinner. 

I was so excited to go there - to not have to clean my house and prepare all the food was such a treat!!   We had a delicious BBQ with them, my uncle Richard, my brother Pete and my brother Rich, my sister-in-law Misty & niece Sophia.    We visited, laughed, played games, launched rockets that the kids tried to catch and lit some small fireworks in the road in front of their house.

Thank you Becky for such a wonderful night!   Happy Birthday America!!!







 the delicious fruit tart that Annie made





 Everyone (minus Pete - who had already left - and Richard - who was taking the picture)

Silly pose


1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Check out your kids CUTE t's! Did you make those???