Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quilts

 What would I do without quilting??!!   This summer, I am trying to make sure I give myself time to quilt because if I don't, thoughts of PTA literally make my stomach and head hurt.  I'm also really trying to finish up projects that I already have :)  (Last count, I had like 30!)

Here are a few recent quilts:


This one, I made for Emily's 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Kjar.  She went to a different school, so I wanted to make this for her to remember Longview Elementary and how much we loved and appreciated her.  She is such a great teacher.   I got this pattern idea from Pinterest and used fabric that I had bought several years ago.  I loved how it turned out!



 This baby quilt was for J Robert, born to Emily & Dana.  I love always loved this line of fabric, so when I saw that Brooks fabric in Bountiful still had it, I jumped on the chance to put it in a quilt. 


 And this pattern, I found free on modabakeshop.com.   It was obviously for my nephew, Jake.   I loved that I could use all the left over scraps to piece the back together too. 


4 comments:

Camille said...

Those are amazing!! Love all of them, you are so talented. I can't even sew a button on.

Kelsi said...

These are all so adorable Jeannette. You are so talented!

megadog said...

As usual--amazing! I love all of them. Emily uses the one you made for J all the time. So beautiful

Em said...

LOVE our quilt. Love the colors and design. I got his 2 week pictures done and had the blanket in a lot of the pictures. Thank you so much!