Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to School

 I'm still amazed that summer is already over and the kids are back in school!!!   I love having them home, but I do love the structure that school brings and they were all excited to go back.

I guess I am old enough to have a Jr. High kid!  What??!!    Yes, Emily is in 7th grade!   The 7th graders went to their first day on the Friday before everyone else.  That way, only 7th graders were at the school.  The 8th and 9th graders went on Monday and then they all went on Tuesday.

Emily was excited, but nervous. She got up early and got all ready.  It was hard to eat anything for breakfast.  Then, I said prayers with her and she started to walk to the bus stop.  I could tell she was holding back tears and I reassured her that I felt the same way on the first day of Jr. High and cried as I walked to the bus stop.    She had a good day and came home happy!  She's doing really, really well and seems to be liking it - although there is a lot of swearing at the school.   Argghh!






Kate, Lindsey & Jack were all excited to start school!   I could eat them all up, they are so cute!


 1st grade
 

 3rd grade
 

 5th grade
 


And this little one, was super excited to start preschool again.  She had to wait about a week and a half after the other kids went, but it was well worth the wait and she's thrilled to be going Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings.


Best of friends - so cute!


5 comments:

Kelsi said...

Jeannette your kids are so dang cute and grown up. They look so old in all of their school pictures!

Camille said...

They all look great. Jr. High was the worst! Don't blame her for feeling trepidatious at all.

Misty said...

Crazy to believe another school year has started! Emily is so pretty! I love Kate's legs in that first picture... Too cute!

Em said...

They all look so cute. I love first day of school pictures.

megadog said...

Amazing. Can't believe how fast they are growing up. Junior High is a bit of a belly drop. I remember that time quite well. Everyone looked adorable on the first day of school!