Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ohio Women's Retreat - 2012

Back in September, I was able to go to the 3rd Annual Ohio Women's Retreat!   This is a fun tradition that a group of my friends have started.  We all lived in Ohio at the same time and now live in various parts of the country. 

This year, AnnDee & Ali were in charge of it and it was absolutely wonderful!   We are all so grateful for all of their hard work putting it together.   It was a nice break from home life & kids and time to renew friendships and strengthen each other.  I draw so much courage and strength from all these women and always go home a better wife & mother!  

Kirsten flew in with baby Paisley the night before and then the two of us ran errands on Friday morning.  Such a fun way to start the weekend!!!    Then, we met several girls at the City Creek mall for lunch at Kneader's and ice cream (I can't remember the name of the place).   It was a gorgeous day!

Then, we headed to get pedicures!  Ahhh, such luxury!  I was hoping for some cute Halloween nails, but with the language barrier ended up with orange toenails and 2 teeny tiny Halloween stickers on them.  After finishing the lady said, "You like?" and I still told her "yes."  Oh, well, it still felt great!


Ali, Jessika, Cameron & AnnDee
 

Melinda, Myra, Kirsten & Paisley
 

Beth, Lonica, Lucy, Andrea, Melinda & Myra
 
 
 
After pedicures we drove up the canyon to the most beautiful cabin I have ever seen!   Ali was sweet enough to let us use her family's cabin and it was breathtaking.   Each mom with a nursing baby had their own room & bathroom and then the others slept in the loft - which was huge!   So fun!
 
 



We had a delicious dinner of french dip sandwiches, fruit, & veggies!   Then, we had a "favorites party."  I was so excited for this and it did not disappoint!!  We played a game at first where we wrote our "favorites" on several answers and then went around and found out what everyone had said.  It was so fun to learn some new websites to look at, restaurants to try, books to read, etc.

Then, we had each brought 4 of something that is our favorite.  There was a $5 price limit and then each of us got to go home with 4 different "favorite" things. 

The "favorites" table

Before we started our game, AnnDee & Ali made these delicious strawberry/coconut smoothies - with super fun straws!
 

I had so, so, so much fun with my favorite thing!  I made 4 sets of these witches boots.  (They hang from a mantle like Christmas stockings).   For me, they represented that I love to quilt,  I love throwing my witches party at Halloween time (more on that to come), and my incredible friend Kirsten, who got me hooked on doing witches parties!
 

Night #1 - Ali Crockett, McKenna Fulton, Rachel Larson, Andrea Jeppesen, AnnDee Nadauld, Elisabeth Westwood
Row 2: Beth Johnston, Jessika Wagner, Melinda Noakes, Kirsten Rasmussen, Lonica Rowley & me
 

Same group minus Ali on the left and adding Amber Dehner on the right :)
 



The next morning, we got up and several of us went on a beautiful walk.  The cabin is in the middle - so pretty!

This was definitely the year of the babies!!   They were seriously the best babies and were all so cute!!
 
L to R:  Jared Johnston, Paisley Rasmussen, Lucy Rowley, Cameron Wagner, Liam Crockett &  Myra Noakes (not pictured:  Meg Dehner who was sleeping).
 

All of us again!

There was a lot of lactating going on :)
 

After hiking/walking, getting ready and eating breakfast at the cabin, we headed to Orson Gygi in SLC and then to the outlet mall in Park City.  As you can see, the stores did very well that day!
 
After shopping, we met at Ruby Tuesdays for dinner!  I don't know about everyone else, but I thought it was delicious!    Then, several people had to go home.   We said goodbye to them and then the rest of us headed back to the cabin for one more night.
 



AnnDee, Rachel, Melinda & Kirsten
 

AnnDee, Rachel, Kirsten & Andrea
 

2 of my very favorite people - Kirsten & Beth
 

Love these girls - AnnDee, Beth, me & Melinda
 
 
It was fun to sit up and chat!   I truly love & admire each of these great women and continue to be blessed by them and learn great things from them.  I love this weekend of the year and really, really appreciate all the work it took to put it together and to all those that came - especially those that came from far away!
 

The next morning, we got up early and I took Kirsten & Melinda to the airport!  The weekend went so fast!
 
I have an amazing husband, who took care of the house, all 6 of my kids and Beth's 2 boys part of that time too.  





Until next year girls!!!  (ALL these photos are compliments of Kirsten - thank you!!!)

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hahaha...I just blogged about this too. It was so fun to see you and everyone and catch up. Thanks for hosting me and driving me all around. I sure hope everyone can make it next year and we are able to keep this tradition up. I seriously need it every year!

Kelsi said...

I love the idea of this. Looks so fun and like you have some really good friends! That cabin looks amazing!

megadog said...

Jealous. What a fun, fun time! What a blessing that you ladies got to know each other and still keep in touch!

Em said...

Looks like a really fun weekend! It is nice you have stayed in touch. I love your witches boots - adorable!