Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Huntin' We Will Go!

My idea of hunting is hunting for Easter baskets and that's a Bowen family specialty!

Jon has fun, wonderful memories of Easter dinner & basket finding with his cousins in Union.   When we are in Union for Easter, we are thrilled to join in.

After Church, we changed clothes, rested for a few minutes and went over to Don & Joyce's house.   Everyone brought chili, homemade bread, sides or dessert to share and we ate.  Delicious!   Then, the mom's filled the Easter baskets (probably about 35 of them - I should have counted) and the dads hid them.   Hailey happened to be the youngest there this year, so her's was in the middle of the lawn.  The toughest baskets were high, high, high in the tree and under the bridge this year. 

The kids had fun looking for them.   I was in and out of the house with Hailey, but I don't think they even asked for clues this year.   The weather was gorgeous and it's always fun to visit with Jon's family.  His cousins & the girls they have married are so fun and I love visiting with them.











2 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

This made me think of last Easter when Jon hid Emilys on top of the light post outside :) That is so fun that they have that tradition.

megadog said...

Love the hidden Easter baskets. I think that is one of my favorite memories as a kid.