Friday, April 5, 2013

PTA Events

I wish that I had been better over the course of this school year about taking pictures at our PTA events  (I guess I can redeem myself by taking more next year as it's looking like I'll be PTA President again :))
 
On March 1st, we celebrated Dr. Suess' birthday by having donuts, juice & milk about 1/2 an hour before school started.  Parents were encouraged to come to school early with their kids, bring a book and read to them.  It was a huge success!  So successful in fact, that we ran out of donuts and begged the lunch ladies for any extra food they had.   Thankfully, they had some banana bread and teddy grahams.   But, those that were there at 8:30, had donuts!   Note to self:  next year order like 25 dozen donuts!
 



 This is our cute custodian and her granddaughter.
 
 Our Lunch Ladies!
 Our wonderful principal, Mrs. Amos and our wonderful superintendent, Dr. Hirase.
 




 This is Jack's teacher, Ms. Jackson.
 
 
Then, a couple of weeks later, we wanted to celebrate Math, so we had a little lunch activity on National Pi Day - March 14th.   I'm so grateful that I have Jon because he's the only one that showed up to help me with this one.  We had a basket for each grade that had math problems in it.  The kids could pick one, answer it and then get a "Math"-head.
 


All in all, another success PTA lunch time event!

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

looks fun! super pta mom! good job!

Em said...

You have done so many cool things this year. Don't know how you do everything you do. It's amazing!