Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pre-Easter Festivities

 We had an incredibly wonderful spring break & Easter this year.  We went to Oregon to spend it with Jon's mom.  The weather was perfect!  The kids were great!  And, it was the perfect way to finish healing from my D&C.  

We went up on Saturday and had a great ride!   Because we thought we were having baby #7, we bought a Suburban several weeks ago.  It's a 9-passenger and we've loved it.   We took that on our trip and put Hannah in a carseat in between Jon & I.   The kids in the back were in heaven and Hannah loved being up in the front. She is the instigator of most of the problems, so the ride was peaceful, happy and quick.

About an hour after we got there, Emily & I left to go watch the General Young Women's broadcast.  Now, I'm just going to put a quick plug in right now for that.   For those that are not of our faith, this is an annual event, where our church leaders and prophet speak directly to the young women.  It is inspiring & uplifting!    Anyway, I grew up with a mom who made this a really wonderful time.  We'd go watch the broadcast and she'd always take me out to dinner afterwards.   I loved those evenings!    Well, now that I have 5 daughters, I'll have many years ahead of doing this with my girls.

It's now easier to watch these broadcasts from home, on the internet, or read the talks in The Ensign, etc., but I'm telling you, there is something about dressing up and sitting in a chapel to watch it.   The talks and music were exceptional!  I couldn't help but feel the love that Heavenly Father has for our youth, and particularly Emily.   What a blessing!   So, please, for your daughters, make this a special night!    Emily and I then enjoyed burgers & fries after - our favorite!
Anyway, while we were gone, Diane had prepared hard-boiled eggs for egg dying.  The kids had a wonderful time and I was so grateful that she did this for them.  Here are the pictures that I begged Jon to take while I was gone....


 (it's a terrible picture of Jack, but Kate is so cute in it)
 


 Tiegen & Lindsey
 


More on our Easter & trip to come...

No comments: