Sunday, June 30, 2013

A baby quilt & a goodbye quilt

 Wow!  Last day of June already!

Here are a couple of recent quilts....


This was for Gabriela Bowen - baby daughter of Jon's nephew, Kelly Bowen.
This one was fun because it was nearly all triangles and trapezoids...and different with borders on only 2 sides.
 


 And then, poor Emily found out over spring break that 2 of her best friends were moving this summer.   We decided to make them quilts, so they would always remember how loved they are.
 
This quilt was for Kenzie Madsen.  She just moved to Phoenix, AZ, where I doubt she will ever really need a quilt to stay warm, but at least she'll remember Emily and all of her friends in Murray.
 

It's hard to see, but I stitched in "We love you Kenzie!!"  

3 comments:

john + becky said...

You are SO NICE. You even made a quilt for Emily's friend?? Nicest woman ever.

They both turned out so cute.

justbecky said...

Super cute patterns! Maybe I can borrow them from you in September.

megadog said...

These are gorgeous! I think I'm going to move so I can get a quilt! Actually I have one from Halloween and it's my fave. What talent.