Wednesday, July 3, 2013

They are HOME!!!

 Yesterday was the day we had been waiting for, for the last 3 years!  My parent's got home from their mission in Moscow!  

We have been counting down the weeks & days and even though it seemed like they were gone forever, the time went really fast!   We prepared for their arrival by making signs...




Then, we got to the airport nice and early.  We teased Mike that he had been at the airport since lunch time - their flight landed about 7:30 p.m.   The kids practiced holding up our homemade sign.




While we were waiting, someone asked if anyone spoke French.   My brother Pete does.  He helped this girl who had come to Utah to be a nanny for the summer.   We have a lot of languages spoken in our family:  Pete speaks French.   Rich speaks German.   Mike speaks Spanish.  My dad speaks Russian & Finnish.  My mom speaks grocery-store Russian.   And, Becky & I speak English.



We waited and waited and finally the moment arrived that we saw them turn the corner and come down the escalator.  Such a great sight!


And then, as if scripted, Brooklyn ran under the rope-thing and ran to them with her arms out-stretched!  So, so sweet & cute & heart-wrenching!




We were all so, so happy to give them a hug and see them again!  So many people came out to support them at the airport and it was such a great moment for our family!








Welcome home Mom & Dad!  Oh, how we've missed you!!

7 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

I get teary eyed reading this! Brings back memories! So excited for you!

john + becky said...

That picture of Brooklyn running to mom and dad made me cry again. I LOVE that picture....SO GLAD you captured that!

Oh it is so great having them home!! You are so nice (and smart) to make those signs for them! That was such a fun night at the airport and then at Sizzler.

Kelsi said...

This post made me cry. So exciting for you guys and for them. I bet it feels so good to have them back! They are lucky to have such great kids!

justbecky said...

I love the part where you explain that you and Becky speak English. :-)

So glad they are home safely!

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Brooklyn made me cry too. So happy they are home!! Glad Pete could help her out, that's cool! Really awesome signs too.

Em said...

Wow. These pictures are priceless. I love seeing you all together again. I love the signs you made and the sign on the house is the best!

megadog said...

I am sheddin' a tear right now. Those pictures are so sweet in every way. Seems like they were gone for 5 minutes and at the same time...20 years!
I love that you and Becky speak English--that is so helpful--ha ha!