Wednesday, July 31, 2013

4th of July

 The 4th of July was the BEST this year!   Three summers ago, we had just said goodbye to my parents, and started the first of many holidays without them.   But, this year, it was our FIRST holiday back together!   So, so fun!

Jon, Emily & Jack got up early on the 4th and ran the Murray Fun Days 5K.   Jon said both did a great job!  (I was sad to not get any pictures, but I just didn't have it in me to drag the other 4 kids down there).   I guess there was a really rude lady at the finish line when Emily crossed.  She crossed the finish line, went into the port-o-potty and threw up (she gets this from the Sorenson side), then attempted to turn in her number.  A rude lady, in a green shirt, stuck her nose in Emily's business and told the poor kid taking the numbers not to accept Emily's.    If I find out who that lady in the green shirt is, mama bear may have a word or two!

Anyway, the other girls and I got all dolled up for the day!











We spent the day getting ready for a celebration at our house!  My parents were able to come in the middle of the afternoon and we visited and just enjoyed having them there.  As soon as my other siblings got there, we took some cute family pictures!

This is our attempt to get my parents and their grandsons.   Jake & Max were perfectly willing to cooperate.   Jack on the other hand...

 Attempt #1
 
 Attempt #2
 
 Attempt #3
 
 
 
The granddaughters on the other hand, were all perfectly willing to pose...
 


 My cute parents!
 

 This is all of us - minus Pete, Jack & Jon
 



We had the Graf's & Cowden's over too and had a delicious BBQ.   Jon had to work that night, but Mike was the master-griller and everything tasted delicious.   After baths for the little ones, we went outside to pop pop-its, sparkle sparklers & let off fireworks.

 Brooklyn in her cute, new patriotic pajamas.  Her brother had matching ones, but managed to pour an entire can of pop on them.
 





Happy, Happy Independence Day America!!!


2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Such cute family pictures! Loved seeing all of them. Your parents look so happy. That is really rude of that lady at the race - I would be ticked. I love the star braid. So cute.

Em said...

Those family pictures are the best! I love all their outfits. And the star braid is adorable.