Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Christmas Dance Show - Saturday, December 19, 2015

I am a dancer at heart.  I love watching dances.  I imagine myself being graceful and flexible and sassy and fun.  Then, I remember that I'm not.  But, my girls are and I just love that!  I spend a fair amount of time each week driving girls to dance classes....Monday night, Tuesday morning, Tuesday night, Wednesday night twice and Thursday afternoon.   Lindsey, Kate (3 classes), Hannah & Hailey are my dancers. 

It's all worth it though and one of my favorite days of the year is the days of their dance show.  It is an insanely busy, well thought out, must-be-organized, couldn't-do-it-without Jon day, but I love it!

With our dance company, parents are asked to volunteer to help during the shows in order to keep cost down for tuition and the show free for guests.   I was able to help with 2 of Kate's classes and Hannah's class.  

There were 4 shows total on this day.  We got up and did a ton of hair and makeup and gave Jon a specific schedule for driving kids back and forth, picking up lunch, bringing Sam to me to nurse, etc.  Bless him!  

The girls are the cutest, most beautiful dancers!  My heart nearly bursts when I see them on stage with beautiful smiles on their faces.  They work hard and have a great time performing!

 My parents came to the second "A" show (my niece Sophia was in that show too) and the first "B" show.


 Kate's jazz dance in the A show.  She's the first girl from the right with her hands perfectly perpendicular.   

I wasn't able to get a picture of Hannah on the stage because I was helping with Kate's class and was someone between getting them off the stage and back to their seats.  Hannah's was a tap number in cowboy hats and she was fantastic!

 Hailey & Kate before the B show



 Kate in her tap costume - Flying Home for Christmas
Kate, Megan & Josie

 Hailey (and Lucy) in their dance.  Lucy is the on the far left on the front row and Hailey is right next to her, so the second one in from the left.   Cute, sweet girls!


 Kate's tap - she's the 2nd in from the right

 Lindsey is a Strutter (Jazz).  They danced to one of my favorite Christmas songs "Breath of Heaven".  She's the 2nd from the left. 

 Lindsey - back row on the far left

 Kate switched costumes in the B show and did a Hip Hop number.  She's right in the middle - the cute blonde with the straight arm. :)

 Again, right in the middle

They fill the stage with dancers for the finale!

Exhausting, wonderful, long, but short, happy day!  Great job girls!

No comments: