Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hannah Rebecca

Yeah! We are so glad that she is here! What a great blessing this little one has already been in our family already! (Thank you Becky for putting the post on the other day!) We did officially name her Hannah Rebecca Bowen. Hannah is the name of my great-grandmother, a woman of great dignity, testimony and love. Rebecca is the name of both my sister and Jon's sister. As Jon and I had our final "name discussion" at the hospital this morning, it FINALLY felt right to give her the name Hannah after this particular ancestoral line.

I will do a post soon about her birth! Her sisters can't get enough of her. They all love holding and kissing her. Jack, on the other hand, has only wanted to hold her once (and that was with a reward of M&M's). I think he secretly adores her, but apparently oohhing over a baby isn't his idea of manly. Hannah is a calm little baby and loves nursing, being held and talked to. It's fun to have a dark-haired baby again and we're anxious to see if her eyes are blue like the other kids or if she'll have brown eyes (which would be the first of 22 grandchildren for Jon's parents).

Thank you so much for all of the love and support we've received over the past several days, weeks and months!




5 comments:

Camille said...

That is so cute. I love how little and cute she is. Good job on the name. Congratulations Jen and Jon!!! And Becky on getting a part of the name-I love that!

Em said...

Oh, she is so tiny. I can't believe how small they are and then they are out of that stage so quick. She is just so cute. Your Emily is a little mom just like you were. That is so cute! Hoping you are getting some rest and relaxation with mom and sis there. I talked to your dad today and he said they had sent you home. Man, they kick you out quick, don't they?

Jessika said...

How sweet! I love the pictures of each of the sibs holding her. She's precious! I'm glad everything went well!!! Can't wait to see you all when I come up at the end of the month (hopefully you'll let me come over:)!)

Maya said...

Congratulations again! We're so happy for your family :-)

Becca said...

Congrats you guys!! Hannah is beautiful!!! You have a Beautiful family!