Saturday, July 5, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

We had a great 4th of July! It was rainy a lot of the weekend, but it cleared up just in time. We started the day going to the Upper Arlington parade. It's a great community parade. The kids were able to decorate and ride their bikes, thanks to Becky, who was willing to walk with them. Kate and I sat with Beth, Kyle and Kirsten and her kids and watched. Afterwards, we picked up the paraders and their very muddy bikes and headed home.



Jon woke up and then we all went to Wendy's for lunch! Then we had a relaxing afternoon while Becky went to a single's activity. Then we went to a BBQ at the Rasmussen's house. There were about 30 people and it had rained up until about an hour and a half before it started, but it ended up being great weather. It was nice and cool. We had yummy food, the kids played on the trampoline (with no one getting hurt, except for Kate, who's inexperience on a tramp caused her to just run off into a big puddle of mud), participated in a "ladder ball" tournament and enjoyed everyone's company! (Thank you Ammon & Kirsten for hosting such a fun celebration!) Then we went to watch our community's fireworks. The kids all loved them this year and it was a fun way to end the day. Jon also made a CD of patriotic music, so we drove home listening to "I'm Proud to Be An American." We are proud to be Americans!!! I think the 4th of July may be one of our family's favorite holidays.

Emily, Lindsey & Jack on their bikes

The kids with Becky


Kate


Jack with a nervous smile because of the sparkler

Lindsey


Emily

All 7 of us!

7 comments:

Jessika said...

SO SWEET!!! I love the matching shirts, it's adorable. The 4th of July has always been a favorite at my house too. I was working all weekend, which was a bit depressing, but what can I do! Thank you for instilling a love of country in your kids... I too am "proud to be an American!!!"

Lonica said...

Sounds like a great holiday! I'm glad you had fun and were able to get out of the house for a bit!

HooverBirds said...

jeanette your kids are so adorable. I'm so glad becky's up there with you! that's what the youngest sisters are for :) i'm really excited for your next babe!! i hope you're feeling well.

Debbie said...

This time last year we were watching the parade together. I miss the UA spirit! I miss the Bowen family.

The Lilly's said...

I assume you made those matching shirts...so cute! It sounds like you live in a great community that does a lot of cool things.

Britain said...

I am glad you all had a great day. Way cute shirts; cute kids too! Happy Fourth!

sixmoores said...

I am loving those darling shirts.